Zidoo Z9X announced

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

2. Gerardo Rashon

Gerardo Rashon New Member

3. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Will there be the option to install ZMDC as on the Z9S ??

4. Dan

Dan Member

Any news on release date and price?

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Dan likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Release date looking like August for X9X

8. DELUCAS

96435E31-25D0-437B-BBD2-BA4BA0884F1C.jpeg Think we need to start some new Threads for these new Boxes coming ........:) :)

9. Nice Monkey

Zidoo needs to start a new Product line. But they are not really active doing the moderator job.
    If they give me the rights I will start doing the minimal job needed.

10. DELUCAS

well they need to do something soon looks like we have a new chipset on the market now . ;) 3557FC95-6359-402D-AA2F-396008B03247.png 3557FC95-6359-402D-AA2F-396008B03247.png

11. Nice Monkey

I think it is just a typo!

12. DELUCAS

Thats what i mean someone needs to get them to address it .

13. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Hi. Will there be a noticable difference to the Z9S? 90% of my movie collection are 4K/ UHD movies with full BD. Playing them either on the Panasonic Oled TX-65GZ1500 or on a 115inch screen and JVC NX5 projector. All supported with Marantz AVR. I am asking if I should do an update of the player (in future) or is the Z9S good enough?

14. Nice Monkey

Wait for the evaluations which for sure will come. ;)

15. Nice Monkey

Already fixed :)

16. DELUCAS

shame thought was a newer chipset out ;)
    Ha

17. Schumy

Schumy Member

Sorry guys if I may OT/side track a bit.

Just heard about the exorbitantly expensive madVR Envy (US$5k base model, $10k high end model), how much better video quality can it produce compared to the affordable Z9S? I am using my zidoo with a 4K HDR ultra short throw protector and a 100" screen, mainly for mkv movie files playback.

Thanks

18. Mojzekinohokker

Mojzekinohokker New Member

Anyone knows if the hdmi input could be used ( with some adapter if needed ) as hdmi out to pass lossless HD audio to the AVR ? This would be very usefull for those who want to connect the hdmi out directly to the TV as a lot of us still have AVRs with no HDR support. ( Optical out is not enough for HD audio )

19. Hi everyone,

sorry for the intrusion but, I can answer Schumy, in the sense that both audio quality and video quality the madVR Envy product beats all multimedia boxes, almost all HTPCs, etc .....

I can say it with confidence not because I have it (I should have the money coming out of my ears) but because before the Z9s, I had an HTPC, with many functions implemented on Envy .........

The problem of the HTTPC (whether it is of quality or not) has a major flaw: you have to go behind it a little ... That is, for updates, to know which ones to do and which not, if you "get stuck" know how to solve, and many other things.
    I have used it for 5 years, then my abilities have diminished (due to a bad stroke) and I have reluctantly had to detach myself .........

20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, I read this box won’t support profile 7 DV.
    Has anyone any idea how we will process our UHD BD for playback on this?
    Thank you.