Wow~,that's it!! ZIDOO Z9X based on RTD1619DR

Discussion in 'NEWS&Activities' started by mirror, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

To be precise it is a universal HDR processing engine. It matches HDR between source and TV capabilities.

Will be interesting to see how well that works in practice.
    Not trivial as there are various degrees how TV's implemented HDR10 and DV.
    Also NIT ranges reproduced vary a lot with the actual TV technology being used.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  2. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Does z9x has openwrt?

3. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Unfortunately we have NOT Android TV OS.
    The UI is the exact same look as the Z9S, only its android 9 now.
    I wish it would be Android TV OS but it is not!
    Too sad....:(

4. Nice Monkey

Did not see it either. That is a disappointment for me too. I really hoped for it as the Dune comes with it.
    Gapp's gets automatically installed this time by an implicit update for that.

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Is there any reason Zidoo dont go Android 9.0 tv
    Harder to code or a fee to pay / license .........?

6. DELUCAS

7D124AE4-376B-4168-8DE6-5367A5E40AD6.jpeg 343A52E5-823D-41F1-9515-81DF0CD5A4C7.jpeg 52A1B890-7512-4313-B4A3-DCA62BF293C4.jpeg A698F71D-07F4-415C-9A7A-19B267042372.jpeg 45FD2B56-672E-4D80-B715-5E2EDB634803.jpeg Some screen shots of Z9x In action .

Recommended) Display devices that do not support HDR, such as older projectors, LCD TVs, and plasma TVs have a better mapping environment for devices that do not support HDR to play HDR or Dolby Vision content.

2 With devices that support hdr, it is necessary to play dv film sources, which are optimized according to the Dolby engine. Provide better Dolby mode mapping for HDR devices that do not support Dolby Vision.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    H1982 likes this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Got mine up and running too. My Z9X is running FW 6.0.17 without GAPP"s.

There is an incompatibility with my TV and (HDR set to AUTO results into a blinking screen (EDID repeated it seems).
    Setting it to VS10 works stabile but uses HDR always ON which I definitely don't want.
    Auto resolution is gone too, I presume it will come back.

Music Player is still V5 (v5.7.8) despite having the V6 ICON, no gapless playback with it.

I think Google does not want Android TV to run on media players and can be done only illegally?
    Netflix runs in HDR but sound is stereo only with the initial bundled version.

GAPP's version is not compatible and can't be installed and can't install my Music APP's therefore.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  8. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Is there any chance you could test ZDMC for me. Thanks!

9. Nice Monkey

At initial release ZDMC can be installed but crashes when run next.

10. leonkoum

Use Kodi
    I don’t think there will release new version of ZDMC, there is no point

11. mattmarsden

Can Kodi be configured to use the Zidoo player rather than the Kodi player?

12. leonkoum

You mean as external player?

13. mattmarsden

Yes as an external player

14. DELUCAS

Zidoo Team can you please make some New Z9X / Z10 Pro / Z1000 Pro threads now thanks .

15. leonkoum

I dont think so.....
    Zidoo team has invest alot of source in HT3 and Music Player 6.
    The dont interesting so much in zdmc now...

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s related to OpenWrt running at core.

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have an Egreat A11, which I've always been happy with. In the last few weeks though I have replaced my Samsung 65KS9500 with another Samsung - an 8K QE75Q950R and now my attention is focused on HDR10+ playback. My Egreat only does HDR10. I appreciate the difference will not be enormous, but I want to find out. These players are advertised with HDR10+ output. I've read though that the VS10 engine is optimised for Dolby Vision, which samsungs don't do (yet?). So I would like to know that if the video playing back has embedded DV encoded, will these players output HDR10+ for Samsung sets? And will this be better than the HDR10 output I'm getting right now?

If the output will not be significantly better, then I may not bother unless these players bring a lot more to the table. Should this be the case, can somebody tell me what they do bring please? I'm in the 90% of people who are only interested in a very good Media Player with my output files stored on one of my 3 NAS's.

18. vadergr

vadergr Member

Do you get 4K with Netflix? Or only up to 1080p/HDR ?

19. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

? :)

20. DELUCAS

Any Banding visuals being spotted ?