Wow~,that's it!! ZIDOO Z9X based on RTD1619DR

Discussion in 'NEWS&Activities' started by mirror, Jul 8, 2020.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If it wants to compete as a streaming box it needs to support 4K/HDR10/DV/Dolby Atmos in services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ and Apple TV+.

2. vadergr

vadergr Member

Dolby can probably give them the DV streaming license, but Netflix won't.
    It is not a matter of money either.
    They only sell to major players.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Price confirmed £269.99 Z10 PRO

4. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Just ordered a Z9X

5. DELUCAS

Z10 PRO Ordered for me but you will receive before me :(

6. TheSergiomxPr0

TheSergiomxPr0 New Member

where can you order them??

7. DELUCAS

Futeko.com

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi - Just registered as I'm more than interested in the Z1000 PRO. Glad to see a few members I recognise @blenky and @Nice Monkey who are streets ahead of me technically and I'm sure I am in good company here :)

I have an Egreat A11 but now looking at a player which can do HDR10+ and is future proof HDR-wise as far as possible. My current simple question is that I notice all these players have 2 HDMI sockets but 1 x In and 1 x Out. My Egreat has 2 HDMI outs. OK so my Receiver has eARC but I had hoped to feed the sound via a dedicated output with the other to the TV. I've just upgraded my TV to another Samsung, an 8K QE75Q950R (from a 65KS9500) and am delighted with it. This hasn't got eARC yet (not sure it ever will!) and doesn't do D/V (no Samsungs do) but would appreciate thoughts on connectivity with any of these Zidoo players please.

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Same here!

Cheaper that I expected - much cheaper than the new Dune.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks for the mention! However I can't advise on connectivity as I have a straight forward set up. Zidoo HDMI out to my AVR for audio and pass through video from the AVR to my Samsung TV. Don't have to consider things like ARC or eARC.

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hey @blenky how you doin' ? Yes that is what I was thinking of having to do but I am sure my Egreat had issues doing that but cannot recall now. I shall ask on my Receiver's forum - thanks.

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am getting the Z9X to play with myself. First questions will be answered and next a full review is to follow.

Areas of curiosity for me:
    - Android TV9 based? I hope so as the first FW has a G on the end (which stands for GAPP's included).
    - Streaming services support and in which degree? These could work a lot better with Android TV + GAPP's as the new basis.
    - Using it for games (seems to be fast enough for at least some)
    - Status of Music Player 6 (Gapless is promised with it)
    - Improvements on BD Menu processing (to annoy Dune)
    - HDR variants including HDR Up and Down scaling or HDR conversions using that famous VS10 engine.
    That is already a decent list to get a new model for!

13. DELUCAS

add to list test for apps
    Netflix HDR DD 5.1 .......
    Amazon Version and sound support .....
    Disney + and sound support

confirm 4K Movies on a 1080p screen and no colour/ brightness loss .....
    and
    and and and .........

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

TBH if out of the box it performs as well as the Z9S I will be happy. Bells and whistles can be added with future firmware.

I have a Nvidia Shield 2019 which runs Android TV. Its excellent as a streaming device for services such as Netflix offering 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos sound. If the new Zidoos can match that we may see the first one box solution! Heres hoping.

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I'm fine thanks. :)

16. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Its not official Netflix box so forget about '4ķ hdr dolby' capabilities...
    I will be happy if i can get proper 1080p without problems...

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Zidoo told me it initially will do Netflix 4K HDR with 5.1 sound. For me good enough. DV for Netflix is under study but Netflix support may change overnight for known reasons. The Dune box does Netflix 4K HDR but with Stereo, this after a fix for it was applied.

We will see very soon.

18. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

In a few days we will know my friend..
    I hope so to!

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Netflix 4K HDR with 5.1 sound will be ok but do we know if it'll do HDR10+ out of the box? Or do we think because of the engine that down samples HDR that if no D/V, then no HDR10+ either?

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

My TV has pretty good support for online streaming services like Netflix and others. I don't want to pay extra for the Z9S to have it doubled up. I'd rather see DV from UHD disks. YouTube HDR videos would be nice.