Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

I've noticed an issue with the unwatched filter feature. As soon as you watch 1 episode of a tv series, the entire series will not be shown in unwatched.

In addition to that it'd be nice to have something like mentioned here for the episodes

2. tomtom

tomtom New Member

Hi,

I recently tried HT3 after being a long term zbmc user. I must say I like it.

However one issue I'm stuck with is the TV/Movie scraping. I have a bunch of movies and Tv shows on a single 3tb external HDD. The scraper does a reasonable job however some Tv show eps are mistaken as movies and so I end up with a bunch of missing eps and some extra 'movies'.

I haven't found if it's possible to select a specific folder and content type like I can in zbmc? I don't get mixed up content in zbmc.

Has anyone else come across this? How have you got around it?

I really like the interface so would love to switch.

Thanks.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Unfortunately you can't specify whether the content is Movies or TV series before scraping as you can with Kodi etc so you have to be really careful about naming files - I'd suggest simply <SeriesName.SxxExx.ext> or <SeriesName - SxxExx.ext>

I know some people tend to like the Episode name to follow eg <SeriesName - SxxExx - EpisodeName.ext> but the problem there is you're giving the scraper more strings to search for that don't actually relate to the SeriesName but may incidentally relate to a movie, so confusing it.

For those that are left you'll have to rematch to the correct TV series manually which should work ok as long as you pick a search string carefully - this can either be done on the HT3 interface or the web inteface.

4. tomtom

tomtom New Member

Thanks for the info.

I currently use tiny media manager to set names for media. I can easily adjust it to match your suggestion.

How do I access the web interface?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Go to the IP address of the Zidoo on port 9528, so: http://IP_Address:9528

It can be a little bit idiosyncratic but once you're used to it, it works fine.

Cliff B and tomtom like this.
  6. tomtom

tomtom New Member

Almost perfect.

Thanks.

For anyone else here is my Tiny media manager setting for the renamer: ${showTitle} - S${seasonNr2}E${episodeNr2}

Cliff B and Markswift2003 like this.
  7. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Can I somehow get a custom tag/label on that list?

I am running a D-Box motion system and it would be so cool if HT3.0 showed the D-Box logo on the individual movie page (if the file name contains .dbox. or something similar) and if the movies could be filtered by that criterium.

Or is there already a way to this???

Thanks!

Markus

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes, custom labels do work. If you just have one movie version and need to add "dbox" follow examples from links below. If you have multiple versions of the same movie and you want one of them to get "dbox" label you need to rename all movie versions and include custom labels for all in order for the one you want to show up.

Zidoo popup window with syntax here.

Examples of how to do it here.

mv038856 likes this.
  9. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have been renaming film versions (LOTR Extended, Part 1, Part 2, etc.) sucesfully.

But can I define an own icon like the D-Box brand logo that is shown whenever there is the dbox-tag in the file name? If yes, where can I define it, where do I have to put the icon, which file format and size should the icon have? Can I define dbox as a filter criterium?

Thanks!

Markus

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The tag in the filename will generate badge on movie page. Don’t know about creating your own logo Icon and linking it to tags. Nobody has done it yet.

11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Technical it's possible but you would have to modify the code of home theater APK.

12. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Been a long while since I tried HT, and have remained with ZDMC/Kodi... a few questions:
    • Does this now support .nfo files?
    • Does it need write permissions to NAS?
    • Does it pick up existing folder.jpg, fanart.jpg and thumbnail .tbn files?
      • Does it do so w/o altering (resizing) one's original files?
    Thanks

13. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Hi,

Usually I have a single movie file and there, I wasn‘t able to generate a „badge“. What would such a badge for D-Box look like if only a single movie file is present?
    What I did find is the option to create a custom category and that one can be used on the start screen of home theater and as a filter criterion. This custom category, however, has to be set manually for every movie in question. I was not able to tie it to something in the file name. Is there a way to do it?
    This brings me to another question: is there a way to synchronize HT 3.0 databases between Zidoo boxes? I currently have two Z9S, one in my theater room and one in my bedroom. Can I somehow connect them so I don‘t have to set up everything twice? This is not only for setting a custom category, it is for everything like correcting a movie scrape result, changing a movie poster or background etc.. Backing up the database to USB and reloading it on the other Zidoo box is not an inviting option here... ;-)

Thanks!

Markus

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mv038856, you are correct. I didn’t play with single movie version. It looks like custom labels were intended for multiple movie versions. I got into it making “Preview” labels. It works with D-Box but you need at least 2 versions. Trailer and a main movie would work. Both movies need to carry custom labels in order to show up.

Movie Title.(1#D-Box).MKV
    Mivie Title.(2#Preview).MOV

D703699C-0F45-4EA1-9941-CEB34607CDED.jpeg

15. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

After using Z9s for a month, i find that its movie player is playing iso, bdmv folder flawlessly. Its the best that i encountered.

Btw, its movie player, is it an Apps that we can install in other tv box/Android box??

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, it’s a player build for this Realtek RTD1619 chipset. The performance comes from this hardware not the software app. It won’t work on any other chipset.

17. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Z9s, if i install Netflix, can i stream UHD video with DTS Ma & Dolby True HD raw audio pls?

18. metar

metar New Member

A new problem (for me): I just added some movies and the HT scrapes correctly, BUT the results (poster & plot) are in English, even if the default language is different (in my case, Italian).
    I tried to rematch manually, but even if the tmdb search works correct, in the end the result are in English...
    Any suggestion?

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, this Zidoo box does not have licence from Netflix to do that. This is high end media player for your own library. If you want UHD Netflix player you should look at other options at much lower price.

20. alpha97

alpha97 New Member

Asking support for the movie.nfo inside each movie folder...

Since the HT failed to match some of the movies, it would be good if the HT could parse the movie.nfo for the IMDB ID or TMDB ID if such file is exist in the movie folder.

The nfo format is following the one of Kodi, for example

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <movie>
    <uniqueid type="imdb">tt5342650</uniqueid>
    <uniqueid type="tmdb">457832</uniqueid>
    </movie>