Wow~,that's it!! ZIDOO Z9X based on RTD1619DR

Discussion in 'NEWS&Activities' started by mirror, Jul 8, 2020.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror, could you elaborate on Dolby Vision playback? Will this play UHD Dolby Vision disk files or ISO’s in Dolby Vision format? Everybody is wondering.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

WOL with phone APP power on/off will be welcome.

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

At last another box on my list ;)
    Wheres the Z10X ?

5. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Just waitting ... :)

6. vadergr

vadergr Member

Will be waiting for the supported DV profiles.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

We will know pretty soon. It seems the Z9X will actually be launched before Zidoo X, which makes a lot of sense to me. ;)
    Don't have a date yet but won't be taking very long.

Don't ask me what the exact difference is between the RTD1619DR and the RTD1619DD which seem to exist both.

@DELUCAS
    Frankly do expect all latest models to get a RTD1619DR equivalent sooner or later. Knowing Zidoo a bit that actually could be happening fairly fast. :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  8. DELUCAS

will be looking forward to it and what the below will bring us ...........? CADE447C-A7A9-43CB-A4F4-CD2CF911BBCF.png

9. vadergr

vadergr Member

I hope they make it, but it is nearly impossible to get any type of (official) support for Dolby Vision disc profile.
    And I am not aware of the benefits of acquiring the DV streaming license.

Anyone knows if Netflix and Amazon 4K rips include Dolby Vision?

10. Nice Monkey

As a universal HDR playback solution, Dolby Vision VS10 offers unique value by combining the ability to play back Dolby Vision content as well as other HDR profiles based on the SMPTE ST 2084 standard through one integrated playback solution. This enables a high-quality HDR experience on products ranging from entry level to high end by leveraging the capabilities of the respective hardware as much as possible. ;)

So HDR10, HLG, TCH Prime, Dolby Vision & HDR10+ will all be handled by that single Dolby Vision VS10 engine. Also up and down scaling HDR <=> SDR should work excellent with it.:)

It as such promises/indicates nothing for DV support for local and/or streaming media. :p
    But only the RTD1296DR seems to come with Dolby Vision VS10 and matching SDK plus registrations. Lets wait and see. ;)

11. DELUCAS

Ref : Dolby Vision playback etc only thing i can think of if at all possible Would be a unique version of Kodi to somehow circumvent the playback of Dolby Vision via a software hack ?
    [ for stored Media ]

But as of yet not happened . :(

12. Nice Monkey

Will test everything when getting my hands on a unit with exception of ZDMC/KODI as that is not really my piece of cake. :p

13. DELUCAS

interesting times ahead of what its capable of any enhancements of picture Quality with this newer chipset be Awesome and hopefully more memory unless they come out with a pro version so to speak with bigger memory .

I can see a price bump if it comes with like the Dune with more memory as standard .

14. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I'm thinking that VS10 is going to be LLDV but without needing something like an HDFury to spoof the HDMI EDID - and maybe some more customisation regarding peak brightness etc.

15. wcale

wcale New Member

What about VP9.2 and VP9.3 ? It will support this?

16. Nice Monkey

RTD1619 does support VP9.2 as used by Youtube.

17. wcale

wcale New Member

18. Nice Monkey

19. DELUCAS

its only just been announced a few days ago !!
    So dont be surprissed if its not included unless a software update can enable it if .

if its that important to you yes wait till next year for it .

20. TheSergiomxPr0

TheSergiomxPr0 New Member

When its going to be avaliable to purchase??