New Firmware v2.3.32 (Release Version - Fix for Seamless Branching)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm in the wrong decade ;)

2. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

As the topic title says "New Firmware v2.3.32 (Release Version... I wonder why it is not available in the Z9S upgrade menue or is this not an official release?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Meant for beta testers and enthusiasts only.

4. Markswift2003

The OTA upgrade process has been broken for quite a while now - just look at the URL if you're unsure whether it's genuine - not to say releases that don't come from zidoo.tv aren't, as users (myself included) post from other domains, but it's a safe bet if they are.

This version is the latest Release version (https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/2INlOr7QH+1KKmVViAFMcQ==.html)

Latest public beta is v2.3.33 (http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9S/v2.3.33/ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.3.33_202006302037_ota-package.zip)

5. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

You should always verify the md5 hash of the downloaded file.

6. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

Yea, I am having hit and miss success with 3D BD menu processing... when I open that same Onwards 3D BD ISO, it just gets to the menu screen (image of a chasm) with no buttons to push (like Play, Scenes, Extras, etc.). I can play the full video if I don't open via the BD menu. Same issue with a Minions 3D BD ISO I have as well.

On another one, Monster's University 3D BD ISO, I can't figure out how to get it to go to the BD menu. even selecting that option from the "Open with" menu just plays the main title... I'm mainly curious to see if any of these 3D pixar BDs have the shorts with them too

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

As a bypass you can do Title Selection playing without Menu. Very clumsy but mostly you are able to play what you want.

Indeed next hurdle to take.

8. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Clipboard01.jpg
    After updating to this release I checked the HT and have a feature request. Instead of the poster display in rows I do prefer the Kodi option (see attached sample) where the titles are listed vertically in the middle and the description and the poster are displayed left and right. Thus one does not have to click on a poster to display more infos, but can just scroll down and then start the movie.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I oppose this change in HT. If you like Kodi default Estuary skin look and feel than just download ZDMC for Zidoo. It will do just that and play movies using Zidoo native player.

This Estuary skin with large tiles is meant for small phone like devices. Lack of colour and pop, it looks like the joy of graphics and artwork was sucked out of it.

I do use ZDMC beside TH but I had to change the skin and my default click action is movie info page not play movie function. If you just want to scroll and click stick to file browser.

10. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

I obviously did not state my request properly:( : This feature should just be an option added to the choosing of large, middle etc. poster display option.

11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

5326BDEE-5140-4E47-92C8-29E92F94ADA0.jpeg Not an issues as such but anyone seeing this on theres ?
    The two adjacent lines ?
    When you scroll to every 4th poster it appears its like the caption box structure being slightly highlighted etc .........

12. Markswift2003

No - not seeing that at all - what size is that (Overspread, Small, Medium or Large) and does it only happen on scrolling titles (ie longer than the space under the poster allows)?

13. DELUCAS

From memory 11 movie posters across screen and where ever you navigate it shows so 3-4 posters along up or down its visible .
    Displays on 1080p 60

can show another photo on another poster .

14. Markswift2003

Right - got it.

I haven't seen this before as my wallpaper is dark, so I replaced with a very light one and now I can see this.

It's two rectangular lines, 1px x 20px that appears when focus is on a poster with scrolling text only:

HT3_ScrollingText_Glitch1.jpg

It doesn't appear on static text.

HT3_ScrollingText_Glitch2.jpg

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. DELUCAS

you got it
    Wether it can be addresed or not dont know
    But once you see it .........
    It bugs you
    Ha

16. Markswift2003

It's reported, but in the meantime maybe choose a darker wallpaper for HT3 so it doesn't catch your eye.

17. DELUCAS

i have mine on Dynamic etc so it changes background to what movie poster im on
    Or stay 8 feet away. ;)

18. Markswift2003

Ah right - That was one of the first things I turned off!! :D

19. DELUCAS

I thought it would wind me up changing in background but as of yet it hasnt .
    Saves screen burn :) :)

20. Markswift2003

It won't help screen burn - posters, text and graphics are still static.

I just think it's too distracting - like all this stuff, it's personal preference.