New Firmware v2.3.32 (Release Version - Fix for Seamless Branching)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Jun 10, 2020.

1. franz weber

franz weber New Member

index.jpg
    toslink / spdif audio problem, please troubleshoot.
    then the zidoo z9s would be perfect for me !

2. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Mine is on 2.3.10. The update app says it's up 2 date. Is it broken?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, the online update is rather, er, unreliable...

4. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

hm, okay. Downloading through website now with 0 - 20KB\s. Sometimes it pauses and even aborts the download

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Its normaly quite fast 2-10 mins download time .

6. Markswift2003

Did you manage to download it?

7. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Yes, It took me 10 tries since yesterday. Suddenly, after Delucas post, the download went smooth ~1MB\s. It's also running on my box now and I'll see how it goes.

I just re-checked a little bug that I've experienced with 2.3.10: the unseen filter in hometheatre didn't show all unseen movies. With 2.3.32 it works now, after remarking the affected once as seen and again as unseen (this method didn't work in 2.3.10).

While on this topic: it'd be nice to have an "unseen" button on the hometheatre app, too. I guess it's the most common use case to watch one of the unseen movies (assuming power users like me, properly marking their movies as seen :D). Since I can scroll my movie list I appreciate that feature more and more.

DELUCAS and Markswift2003 like this.
  8. Markswift2003

You can add one to the widgets - just scroll right and click "+", select category and tick "Unwatched" at the bottom and that gives you an "unseen" button.

9. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Ah it's just a translation error in the german UI. The category is translated as "kürzlich hinzugefügt" instead of "Ungesehene". Which means "recently added" instead of "unwatched". The left sidebar on the movie wall has both recently added and unwatched

10. Markswift2003

That's worth an email to service@zidoo.tv - it's an easy fix.

Frostb!te likes this.
  11. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

I have a suggestion to improve the use of Zidoo Z9S: I think it would be very useful for many users to detect/analyze the current bitrate (update every second) of a video, e.g. in an analysis process to track jerking or video/audio drops. Currently only one overall bitrate exists.
    The old Dunes (D1, B1, H1) had this feature, the new ones with the Realtek chip unfortunately did not have it either. Perhaps it is also something, which cannot be realized with the chip or only with difficulty.

What is your opinion/experience about this?

P.S. Also the overall bitrate often shows a wrong, fictitious value of exactly 160 mbit/sec for x265 encoded movies, but the correct value for other x265 encoded movies. For x264-encoded movies it always shows the correct overall value in my opinion.

12. DELUCAS

Years back i pushed for Live Bit Rate reading and eventually they added it but only average reading on Movie file etc
    If they can id imagine it be shown in corner of Movie while playing .

id welcome it as an addition to an Excellent media player .

zidoo team can this be done live on Android 7.1 ?

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am experiencing a spontaneous reboot with some BD at the end of the movie going back to the menu.
    Happens with playback Without Menu and is hard reproducible (happens always).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  14. Markswift2003

Unfortunately I don't think that the Realtek SDK allows for realtime bitrates in the same way the Sigma one does, so you only get the overall bitrate as reported by mediaInfo.

15. DELUCAS

So not even possible for the new 1619 chipset
    Or just not these 1296 ?

16. Nice Monkey

It is wait and see but unlikely to have changed as it must be done in HW.

17. Markswift2003

Don't know yet, but I kind of doubt it I'm afraid.

18. DELUCAS

Shame if it cant be done
    Especially for the upcoming Flagship “ X “ Model with a premium price tag .........
    My old Oppo 83 years ago had it .

well we will have to wait and see if things have changed in the newer chipset
    Just a nice icing on the cake if .

19. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

20. Nice Monkey

Was a kind of expecting such an update! Very welcome changes. :cool:
    I hope the occasional AFR green screen problems when starting a movie are solved with it too.
    Frankly did not make a note which had those.

@J.K.uploaden
    This one is for you to validate. ;)
    I am on the wrong continent to test 3D right now.

@mirror
    It may be a good suggestion to add an option to Media Center to set Volume Labels.
    Somebody asked me how these could be used.

Next thing on the todo list for me would be improving DVD/BD Menu processing (proven to work better with some movies on old X9S/X20 strange enough). Seamless Branching is often really useful on specifically those movies having troubles with the BD menu.