Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Try this site. It lists all Zidoo players and related software.
    https://www.mcbluna.net

2. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Before I'll try this I found out an interesting detail which may have to do with my issue. I just tested to load an jpeg and it does not work. It shows the "broken icon". This happens to all jpegs I try to load. Maybe the ImagePlayer App is broken?? Has the image app something to do with the HT-posters?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't think so, so I wouldn't expect the ImagePlayer App itself to be the issue, but that can't be coincidence so it looks like something more fundamental in the operating system rather than an app now.

4. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Ok, I think I found the basic cause for my issue.

It definitely has something to do with my Movie-HDD connected to my Router Fritzbox 7590:
    When I plug this HDD directly into my computer and search via SMB, the posters suddenly appear on the Zidoo.
    If the HDD on my Fritzbox is set up as a NAS via USB, the posters don't appear, but all other information is still displayed correctly. The PC is of course also connected to the Fritzbox in the network.

This is technically not comprehensible for me. Does anyone in conjunction with TMDB have any idea what this might be due to?

The former configuration with my NAS-HDD worked for me several months but suddenly it doesn't work any more. It must have something to do with one of the latest Labor firmware-updates for the 7590.

5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I find only firmware versions and among other things the 2.3.32 (I have the 2.3.30) seems to give problems ...... I do not find anything about the 3.0.45 of the player ......
    Thanks

6. Markswift2003

How do you have the Poster Directory set up? (settings/Poster Directory)

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Follow link for APK versions. Click on page with all apps and players. Find Home Theatre in the left side. Latest version number is right beside it.

https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-apk-versions/

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Routers with connected hard drives are known for very low performance. Something has changed with router firmware update. Why don’t you connect this hard drive to Zidoo directly? You’ll be able to access this drive over your network at top Gigabit speed.

9. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

[​IMG]

10. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

I cannot conform this. The 7590 has a quite good performance even with NTFS-formatted HDDs. File Transfer is up to 180Mbit/sec. I'll test your solution as Plan B if everything else will not work. So thanks for your hint.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Zidoo connects at 1 Gigabit speed with consistent transfers over 100 megabytes per second up and down on SATA and USB 3.0 ports.

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Confirmed. Seen 65 MBytes /sec over wireless too.

13. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Finally I solved it, thank you for right hint @markswift. I chose the last option (save only in a custom dir = Downloads-dir in the zidoo) in the poster direcotry and suddenly the poster re-appeared. So my poster-issue must have something to do with "write permissions" on the HDD connected to the Fritzbox.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Was just about to post exactly that - Always chose "Custom Directory"

Glad it's sorted :)

15. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Just curious... what are the pros and cons as far as the different options to store the poster directory? The recommended method would seem to be choosing the custom directory location option? Should that location be on the Zidoo itself... or an attached USB stick to the Zidoo?

16. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

My recommendation is to use the internal storage
    20200616-1.png

this point to the folder .HomeTheater in Storage
    20200616-2.png

20200616-3.png

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    zarathoestra likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Speed of access and also each player manages its own library rather than one player theoretically being able to muck it up for another.

Also, if NAS drives are set to sleep that would cause a big issue if the posters are there.

Ideally, choose the Custom Directory and just leave on the default (ie storage://) and that will give the best performance.

18. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Cool, thanks! I guess it was initially set to Disable Custom Directory and they have always just been saved on my each of my 3 source NASs... I have noticed that as the NAS wakes up, the poster info would have to start to populate upon starting up my player from time to time.... So, the question is now... when i switch the directory location to the default Zidoo storage location, will it go ahead resave everything in my library automatically to that location? Or only any new movies that are scanned after this?

19. Markswift2003

It should move the lot but I'm not sure what triggers that - whether it's simply applying the radio button or whether a rescan is needed. Logic would dictate that just applying the radio button does it.

Backup the database and give it a whirl.

*edit*

Just tried moving my Custom Directory from <Storage> to a USB stick (on my test box!!)

It seems to migrate posters/backdrops/logos rather randomly - first a couple appeared for no good reason, then if you access movie posters in HT, they will migrate. Probably.

Can't quite figure out the process yet - it does seem a bit mad - but I'm thinking that if performance is adequate on USB, that would be the best place to keep them since it should help mitigate the issue of TMDB deleting URLs and you then losing them after a restore...

*edit again*

So after messing with this for a while and also leaving the box switched on in the hope that the posters would migrate over time to the new custom directory it seems that the only way they are captured in the new location is if you go into the details page of the movie.

There do seem to be odd, seemingly random exceptions to this where when opening a few details pages consecutively, one or two posters for movies you haven't opened will also be captured.

*and again*

One way to force the posters to update to the new location is to change the poster size and scroll through them to the end - this forces a refresh and at the same time, updates most (but not all!!) posters to the new location.

Doesn't update the backgrounds or logos though...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  20. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Local Trailer
    Online Trailers Still Not Working (HT 3.0.45)
    Local trailers could be a solution, but they only start for about 5 seconds, with intermittent sound and then stop playing.
    This applies to both launched automatically and using the Play button.