Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. Dan

Dan Member

Anyone?

maggiesfan likes this.
  3. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

This has been a problem for ages and ages, until more users complain about the terrible TV shows scraping ability,
    (it defaults to Tmdb) nothing will change, I installed a free Video player from the play store and it found everything, first time round.

4. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

This has been happening when scraping TV shows for the longest time now.
    Hopefully Zidoo will address the TV show scrapings abysmal attempt to match TV shows with the Tmdb instead of the obvious Tvdb.

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I find TV series mostly OK - but it does have issues. For example it will never match Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D! Also it can't cope with a film with numbers - recently struggled with the film 7500. Had to change name to IMDB number.

6. Dan

Dan Member

But is there a way to rematch multiple items at once?

7. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

It would be a good idea. I have the same pb with the "not so old" Fringe (2008). I have to scan every episode manually with the name of the serie.

On the other side, the older TV Show Babylon 5: no pb. This is weird.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't use TV series so I'm not quite sure what the problem is - presumably this is only if the scraper doesn't recognise the series?

9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

If I scan manually each episode with the name of the serie, it finds the serie right away (first choice in the left list), with already the good season and the good episode for the file.

All my Tv series use the same protocol: « name of the serie » - S01E01 - « name of the episode ». Some are scanned without any pb, some not at all.

When I bought my Z10 in january 2019, all my series were scanned perfectly. Then, after some new firmware, not anymore. Then, another new firmware, back to a perfect scan for one (babylon 5) and still not for the other one (fringe).

PS: and still the pb of special characters at the beginning of the name of a movie to be solved...

10. Markswift2003

So there are two issues here?

1. The scraper does not recognise some series automaticially

2. When the scraper does not recognise the series, you must scan each episode individually

One of the changelogs for HT3 says:

Optimize the title recognition, compatible with the "season x. episode xx" video

So it may be to do with the file naming.

Also, this seems to touch on an issue we were discussing recently where the scraper does not know whether a file is a tv series or movie until it has scraped the file - and in that case it would expect each file to be processed individually when doing it manually.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I
    I have noticed that when scraping TV shows it will do most but will fail on some consistently.

I get all my TV episodes using Sonar and SABnzb so I know they are renamed correctly based on TVDB. However below are some examples where the scraper has issues

'Penny Dreadful- City of Angels' - e.g. 'Penny Dreadful- City of Angels.S01E06 - How It Is With Brothers.mkv'
    insists on using info for 'Penny Dreadful' or goes into unmatched. I have to manually scrape. I have to use the 'city of angels' part of the name. It then finds it - TVDB third in a list and TMDB top of a list. Whichever I choose I need to tell it which episode it is. TVDB brings back no poster art whereas TMDB does - but no plot or cast

'Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'. e.g. 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.S07E03 - Alien Commies from the Future!.mkv'
    It has never been able to cope with S.H.I.E.L.D. This is real fiddle to scan as it insists on trying to us S H I E L D - without full stop sand fails

'The Great' e.g. 'The Great.S01E02 - The Beard.mkv'
    can't find this on first scan. Need to manually do this and scroll down long list in either TVDB or TMDM scrape

'Gangs of London' - e.g. 'Gangs of London.S01E06 - Episode 6.mkv'
    again needs to be added by using re match function as they go to Unmatched section. Both TVDB and TMDB find them this way do don't know why.

There will be other examples but these come to mind as most recent.

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

2AA271F9-19F7-43D8-941F-1ED472264A30.png Zidoo team can the three icons play , trailer and fav logos be brought down a touch so that when auto trailer begins they do not interfere with the trailer view .
    Theres room for it without crowding the underneath etc :)

( yes i know you can click and view big screen if )

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  13. Markswift2003

That's part of the aesthetic, the same as the fade out to the left - the overlap and fade are intentional and add a feeling that the preview is integrated into the page rather than just an overlay which would be easier but less attractive.

14. DELUCAS

i know its part of the look etc and the fade in i like :)
    but it seems im looking over the icons to see the trailer ;)

or maybe make them more transparent ?

15. Markswift2003

Because they half overlap the lower shadow box on the preview window, making the icons transparent would look wrong and moving them down would upset the symmetry.

Sorry to disagree, but as you say, if you want to watch the trailer properly, you use the button.

16. DELUCAS

Well thats you off my Christmas list ;)

ha ha

17. Markswift2003

18. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Hi,
    I have an issue with Star Wars movies to be display in a collection
    for some reason The last Jedi title is not joining the collection and display seperatly.
    I have the Hobbbit and Lord of the rings which display fine as collections

If anyone have this working I will be happy to get the file names...

19. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

Shouldn't the season also be xx and not x, there are plenty of TV shows with greater than 9 seasons, in fact when I scanned Doctor Who season 12 it scraped as Season 12 as the name.

20. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

I did decided to check out just how hit and miss the TV series scrapping can really be, below are my finding.
    I installed another drive in my Z10 and loaded 818 episodes on to it,
    the format was as follows:
    A folder with the name of the TV show and in some cases the year in brackets,
    Inside each folder were the corresponding episodes in this format: name of tv show – SxxExx,
    example, Killing Eve – S03E01, if the episode required the year then it would be like so
    Killing Eve (2018) - S03E01
    I scanned the hard drive and the results are as below.
    Scanned 700/818, so it found 818 episodes but only match 700 with 118 unmatched episodes.
    Of those listed as matched
    3 TV shows where incorrectly matched and had to be re-matched using the TVDB
    22 TV Shows matched had no posters directors or actors info.
    4 TV Shows matched had no posters but had director and actors info.
    Doctor Who was listed as Series 12. Inside No. 9 was listed as Series 5, both had posters, directors and actors, when re-matched using the TVDB both had Ignore under video match and the drop down menu was used to select the season and episode, after the scan both had no posters or directors but did have actors.
    Of the 22 TV series matched but no posters directors or actors info when Re Matched using the TVDB 20 had directors and actors but still no poster, 2 had IGNORE under video match which means selecting the season and episode under the drop down arrow these then matched with director and actors but no posters.
    45 TV Shows that had posters had no directors or actors info.
    Of the 118 unmatched episodes:
    12 had IGNORE under video match and the drop down menu was used to select the season and each episode, after the re-match the actors where matched but there was no poster or directors.
    45 episodes when re-matched had directors and actors but no poster.
    9 episodes when re-matched had a poster but no directors or actors.
    45 episodes when re-matched had a poster, director and actors
    7 episodes (Run 2020) would not even allow the search option in TVDB or TMDB so where never matched.
    It’s very time consuming process, to get the correct posters and background for the shows that don’t have any I have a folder named poster and another named background which is installed on the internal HDD and select change image and load the correct poster and background from these folders.
    Running these same 818 episodes on kodi and nova video player found all episodes correctly.