Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just export as a separate mkv and use the naming convention in page 2 of the attached document.

For example:

Blade Runner.(1#Movie).mkv
    Blade Runner.(2#Extras).mkv

Attached Files:

2. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

But no, absolutely, I don't want to have two files, the best thing is to have everything in one file, if you can't be patient, VLC for example manages two video tracks easily and you can select the one you want to see ......

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If you mux multiple video streams into ISO file then you can play them using titles option in direct player.

4. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I know you can do the ISO and that's fine but I have many live concerts in H264 that I'm transforming into H265 because I save a lot of space, that's why I asked if the player read the second video track because I put the extra content as a second video track ..... if it can't be done it doesn't do anything but it would have made me comfortable .....
    Thanks

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Re-compressing video stream in any way will lower quality.

Osmar likes this.
  6. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

The quality remains identical or at least practically nothing is noticed, the difference that from h264 to h265 the files weigh less than half ........ pity that HT3 does not read the second video track, it would have been very comfortable, however in the I put the file there in order not to lose it, then if one day I will find a player that supports them at least I have .....

7. Dan

Dan Member

Is there a way to match multiple files at once?

For example I added Killing Eve Series 3 last night to my drive but it showed under unmatched and I had to go through and match each episode up.

Just wondered thats all.

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Going from h264 to h265 is not going to pack files tighter. It has to reconstruct all individual frames and recode it again using different compression algorithms. It will amplify previous compression artifacts and introduce new distortions. If you can’t see the difference don’t worry about it. The right way to do it would be to convert original Blu-ray in first single pass.

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Is there any reason why when i go to change the movie Posters on any movie the choice list is not much compared with H.T.v 2.0 which had well quite a lot of choices that you had to scroll for ages as the choice was vast .

or ive missed a setting / Choice

anyone noticed this ?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  10. Markswift2003

It seems to very much depend on the movie in question - I manually updated about 50 movies a couple of days ago and most still had a large selection, although it seemed mostly in different languages.

11. DELUCAS

Agree just i seem to remember more choice on Movies and tv choices .
    and scrolling across for days ;) finding a poster i prefered .

Not a big deal .

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Not tested it but does it depend on what scraper (TVDB or TMDB) is being used by HT3?

13. DELUCAS

Its mainly or always left on TMBD as not many tv series in my collection .
    Maybe im imaginging that there was more choice on H.T.v2.0

just thought id put it out there for opinions .
    while we wait for Z10 firmware update . :)

at least the firmware is getting better on each update . :)

14. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Why not IMDb?

15. Markswift2003

Licencing - the TMDB API is free, IMDB isn't.

leonkoum likes this.
  16. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I didn’t know... :(
    It would be useful if we had this ability too.
    Thx Mark for the information

17. Markswift2003

One thing that is a nuisance, and I only discovered this the other day while testing - TMDB seems to delete or move poster and fanart, director, actor etc URLs on a regular basis.

So if you make a backup of a Zidoo database, because the backup does not include artwork, only the URLs - if you scraped a while ago, there's a good chance a lot of the stored URLs for your artwork are no longer valid so a backup and restore will leave you with a lot of blank artwork which then needs manually fixing.

So I ended up with this:

[​IMG]

Not only that, but some movies had valid poster art but invalid fanart so not immediately apparent from the poster wall - So I had to go into each movie to check and correct them.

Obviously Director/Actor thumbnails are still screwed, but that's less important.

A workaround is that once you have all the artwork set correctly, do an NFO and artwork export (Settings/Library/Export)

A true fix for this would be for the backup to include all artwork as well as the SQL database.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    DELUCAS likes this.
  18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think it’s something in latest version of HT causing blank posters and no artwork. I had the same issue with 30% missing doing fresh scan into Z9S. It would pick correct movie but leave out posters and artwork.
    Old X9S is showing all posters from previous scans.

19. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

20. Markswift2003

Same thing - it's down to invalid URLs.

If you look in the database at the URLs for the posters/fanart for those that are missing, the file no longer exists in TMDB

For example, this is the xml code with a valid URL for the poster and previously valid but now invalid fanart:

<poster>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/aeiVxTSTeGJ2ICf1iSDXkF3ivZp.jpg</poster><fanart>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/qEu2EJBQUNFx5mSKOCItwZm74ZE.jpg</fanart>

So on a restore or even a rescan, this would show the poster but not the fanart.