Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Schumy

Schumy Member

Thanks Markswift, I'll give the new layout a try to see if it will grow on me.

BTW this option of "Device browsing mode (widget) " , I don't seem to notice any difference between the choice of File vs Poster. What does this do exactly?

Thanks

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah We really need a manual with this one. There are many things with need to knows to get them working properly.

zarathoestra likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's if you've added "Source" folders to the widget bar - lets you choose between poster or file view for them.

4. Markswift2003

Yep - I've just recently discovered you can change the widget icons and I've been testing this for weeks :confused:

5. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

I'm trying to manually add a poster picture to a TV Show that did now add the picture automatically but it is not working for me.
    Is there something wrong or is there something special to do to manually add a poster to a movie or tv show?

6. catorcio

catorcio Member

[​IMG] Couldn't you move the command I marked in red? Using the Mouse, if you are slightly wrong to click, it will advance the video.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This is "Menu" icon. Why don't you use "Menu" button on remote? It's so convenient, just one click. You don't even need to pause the movie. I don't use mouse at all in HT, Media Browser or Zidoo Player. It's way too awkward compared to few clicks on remote or media keyboard.

8. catorcio

catorcio Member

I feel comfortable with the mouse, the ziddo is the only one that has the "Menu" icon in that uncomfortable position.

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

+1

i use a Bluetooth Remote with remapped dedicated button to bring up Menu
    Very very rarely use Mouse .

10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

edit: when « poster list alphabet navigation » is off, the problem is solved. And when it’s On, the problem is back.

11. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

I still have problems with trailers, i.e. pnly for up to 20% of the movies in the collection trailers appear. The problem has already been reported on the forum but also directly to the Zidoo service. This is probably a question of geolocation. I live in Poland and information about the lack of trailers appears in Dutch.
    I did an exercise and changed the language in Zidoo main menu from Polish to English. Then I changed the language to English in the HT 3.0 menu. What happened surprised me very much - negatively. HT scanned the whole collection of about 190 movies from the beginning. The problem is that about 80% of the movies were incorrectly assigned or were not added to the collection or were added to the wrong collection. I had to do the process manually, which took me a lot of time. Until now, I had titles of movies in Polish. After the language change, they changed to English.
    Then in Zidoo main menu I changed to Polish again. Unfortunately in HT 3.0 menu I don't have that possibility anymore (go back to Polish). The result is that some movie titles are in Polish and some are in English. Interestingly, going into the details of the movie, some of the descriptions are in English and for some movies in Polish. Categories such as actors, director, description are in Polish but the film description itself is in English.
    The advantage is that now I have trailers for practically all movies, but only in English.

This is basically how HT works or is it a mistake?

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It’s clear now that the reason you didn’t have trailers before is because it was looking for Polish trailers on YouTube for all movies even American block busters.

13. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

In my opinion, this is probably not a problem of geolocation or the fact that it is looking for Polish trailers.
    I tried similarly to change the HT language from Polish to English but earlier I exported the database, and after changing the language to English I imported it again. There were still no trailers.
    I have set to retrieve information from NFO. And I think it has something to do with it.
    Someone previously wrote (and had a problem with another language) that after switching to downloading from TMDB trailers appeared.
    In addition, in my experience, it retrieves information from the NFO only at the command - Scan Sources. With automatic updating, it only downloads from TMDB.
    This is because by setting HT to English it downloaded information automatically in English. HT does not know otherwise that you want in Polish.

14. Markswift2003

I would assume that if you exported a Polish database, changed HT language to English and then reimport the original Polish database you are still going to be left with no trailers.

I would expect you would need a fresh new scan in the new language to make everything work correctly - there are a lot of variables at play and however well a relational database is managed by software, if you change variables halfway through, it's going to get confused.

Yes - there does seem to be an issue with trailers when using NFO files for scraping.

I'm puzzled why Polish is no longer a language option in HT though...

15. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Can we desactivate the logo display in HT?

First, they hide the backdrop and we already have a poster with a logo on it. Second, they are in different languages: english, french, spanish, german, (...)

16. Markswift2003

Unfortunately not, but it's a good idea as some like it and some don't.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I noticed this. As HT3 is not very good at getting full details for TV shows I started to use ZDMC to scan and export libray as individual files. HT3 then uses this info for scan. I did export Movies but this broke trailers. I just deleted all NFO files on my movies sources. Hopefully they will fix this at some point.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I like the logo and don't mind it there. When the trailer starts we lose backdrop art in favour of black background. Without the logo we end up with black square above movie poster when the trailer is playing.

I'd rather see a way to stop the trailer and allow for full screen backdrop art preview. Swipe off the movie info overlay screen feature.

19. Markswift2003

Must admit I quite like it too - it's a nice touch the way it fades in.

20. Markswift2003

It shouldn't do that - can you give examples and what language do you have set for HT and also in main settings?