Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

With HT 3.0.40, the characters with an accent at the beginning of the name of a movie (for example « É » or « À » in french) are back with special characters and not where they are supposed to be on the wall of posters. With the last version of HT2.0, everything was ok and a movie like « Évolution » for example was at the good place: with the other movies starting with an « E », not with movies using a special characters at the first place of their name.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  2. catorcio

catorcio Member

I read that many have received the online update on zidoo, I wanted to ask how I can see which version I have installed and if the firmware update could also arrive online

3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Open HT settings and check "About". You will find your HT version just under the QR Code.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Goto APP's find HT3 and press Menu. You can also use Zidoo Navigator doing the same.
    Yeeah must have been updated online as I am pretty sure it came with HT3 FW v3.0.35 originally.

5. catorcio

catorcio Member

OK version HT 3.0.40, thanks

6. Siju Thomas

Siju Thomas New Member

No update happened for me , anyone has the apk? Any way to force update?

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Same here - no OTA update for 3.0.40. On firmware 2.3.30 which came with HT3 v3.0.35

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

left mine on a few hours but i rebooted mine over a period of time
    And it was updated to latest .

9. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes a reboot did the trick! Thanks

11. DELUCAS

Great to hear :)

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

So what is the difference between 3.0.35 and 3.0.40?

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

But now we have titles starting with numbers at the top of the list the way it supposed to be not at the bottom like before.

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I see some changes to the trailers. In general another small improvement in playback. Less stutter. On the other hand some other trailers choke and stop now. Examples: Blade Runner 1982, Ford v Ferrari, Doctor Strange.

15. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

In my case, they are at the top of the wall for a long time, well before HT3.

Btw, I have cleared the data and restart a fresh scan, to get a new database with HT3.0, and everything is more or less back to the good place.

The movies with an accent on first character are still not exactly where they would be supposed to be in the alphabetical classification, but at list they are with the movies starting with the same character. :)

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  16. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

1. automatic source scanning - does not read from NFO (only TMDB)
    2. doesn't show trailers
    3. does not display Personal History

when it comes to Trailers and Personal History, maybe it's not a matter of Geolocation but what is written below...

ad.1
    It would be good to fix this, I deduce that there are more users who already have a library with KODI kub ZDMC and in this case it is much simpler to scan movies - it allows you to save your corrected data and genres.
    Also, sometimes it will read the information from the NFO incorrectly (or not read - I do not know why) and download information from TMDB but will assign the wrong movie. In this case, it is not possible to download information again from the NFO - only the TVDB and TMDB options.
    So you can use the NFO scan only once when scanning the entire source.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

All I saw were some poster wrap options changed.

v3.0.39 killed local trailers, so .40 fixed that too... So .35 > .40 wasn't anything major.

18. Schumy

Schumy Member

Mine has been updated OTA on its own, I would prefer to have been given the option of disabling this auto update.

Personally I like HT 2 better, the new version 3's landing page has lots of empty space just showing dark grey background which looks cheap, whereas 2.x has dynamic movie wallpaper background which is much nicer,I could have selected "ALL" which takes me back to almost the 2.x look, but the Favorites at the top are gone.

paxnn likes this.
  19. DELUCAS

i have H.T.v3 ++ and mine just boots in to the original looking H.T.v2 look with all additional options if i want etc

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can make v3 act exactly like v2 (including favs at top) by disabling Classification Mode in Settings/PosterView and dynamic backgrounds are switched in Settings/Preferences.

If you keep the landing page, you can decide what's shown on it and in which order, so no need for any empty space. If there was a dynamic wallpaper on the landing page it would look very busy indeed!