New firmware v2.3.30

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Dan, May 22, 2020.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

And Apocalypse Now Redux (chapter 10) too...:(
    General speaking new Dune Realbox 4K it's way better than zidoo at this point. :confused:
    They need to try harder.....o_O

2. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Hi,
    Is this safe to install?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

4:30 is typical a Cinavia infection point where the nasty message is inserted. Cinavia, Playlist Obfuscations etc are not to be confused with pure Seamless Branching problems despite they use that also as both also use multiple M2TS files structurally.

Out of curiosity played Thor Ragnarok UHD myself and it is now on 25:00 without a single glitch so can't confirm your problem.
    Will try some new Star Wars UHD as they are on my list to be watched anway.

My test is with Avatar Collector's Edition as a reference (with 3 versions on it). The BD Menu processing is not correct by the way on that one.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I gave up a long time ago trying to explain the difference between seamless branching and playlist handling over on AVS ;)

I'm sure that part of the problem with this issue is that it is constantly referred to as "seamless branching" when they are separate mechanisms..

Must admit I didn't think of Cinavia though.

Either way, I know it's not been fixed which must be very frustrating.

5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

about Star Wars Movies, I tried 2 different releases (different language between the 2 releases) and same problem for all the movies of the saga in the first minutes in the same place

for example :

Rogue.One.A.Star.Wars.Story.2016.COMPLETE.UHD.BLURAY-DIZZKNEE

[​IMG]

Rogue.One.A.Star.Wars.Story.2016.MULTi.COMPLETE.UHD.BLURAY-MONUMENT

[​IMG]

see you

6. Nice Monkey

Rogue.One.A.Star.Wars.Story.2016.MULTi.COMPLETE.UHD.BLURAY-MONUMENT. I think I got exactly that same version. Played 15 minutes starting from the beginning and still no problem.
    Mine is in ISO played from HDD SATA attached. At what place should the problem be?

You tried with v2.3.30? I am using it with GAPP's but don't think that should make a difference.
    But if you don't re-run once installed then it it won't be stable. Fell into that trap for a few hours myself once more.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

OK maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. What I refer to is where an SD or UHD bluray movie is made up of multiple M2TS files.

It's strange that you can play Thor Ragnarok UHD. With earlier firmware it would jump at the first join but recent firmwares it actually freezes at the first join.

Did a test on Star Wars A New Hope UHD. It handles the first join I tried (2:05) OK but the one at 49:58 glitches badly and sends the audio out of sync.

Besides this issue I still have full disks that just don't open to a menu. For example I have Aliens BD that has the theatrical and DC cut. This is managed by multiple M2TS files. In an earlier firmware it would just about open to menu and then glitch at the joins. Over the last few firmwares it won't open at all so can't use it as a test disc!

8. OlivierQC

Hello Nice Monkey

I sent a message to the zidoo team 10 days ago about this problem.

-------

I use a NAS
    X20 pro FW 2.3.17
    I never install the GAPP

-------

i will wait the FW 2.3.30 for x20 pro, Zidoo may have fixed the problem.

see you

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

I think we've found a way to solve seamless branching, and it's going to be better than the competitors(such as "The Grand Budapest Hotel ",have a lot of freeze, at 00:01:02). We will update the firmware in the near future

darqman, leonkoum and Markswift2003 like this.
  10. mirror

which time point?

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

That's a bold claim. If it just works as good as the competitors I'll be satisfied! Look forward to it.

12. Nice Monkey

Tried a Pixar movie with seamless branching and that one played just fine. So definitely some good changes have been made already with this FW.
    It is better that FW 2.3.17 in this aspect which was the last I tested before.

Will start making notes of time-points with problems. Had still a single bigger one with Avatar which I probably can find back without watching that entire movie again? It think to recall it is where they climb the floating mountains to go where the banshees are (extended scene).

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  13. OlivierQC

hello all,

@mirror
    I tell you this tonight, and I will make a video, the movies freeze one minute max after the movie summary on the screen

@Nice Monkey,

Coco anf Thor ragnarok work properly now

yes some good changes have been made, it gets better over time

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thor Ragnarok UHD still has issues for me and Star Wars A New Hope UHD likewise. After installing new firmware is there something I haven't done - like a factory reset?

15. Nice Monkey

Always provide the time-points and check it is reproducible. It just takes too long watching a total movie. ;)
    Have both movies so I will do a cross-check for you.

Did not do a factory reset but did a Emergency ROM restore for going to FW v 2.3.10 coming from FW 2.3.17. Did not install anything on it since that restore.

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Did a test on Star Wars A New Hope UHD. It handles the first join I tried (2:05) but the one at 49:58 glitches badly and sends the audio out of sync.

Thor Ragnarok - the first join is at 4:25 - where for me it freezes.

17. mirror

just wait one week, I will be release a beta version for this issue.

Alexander Klinsky and leonkoum like this.
  18. Nice Monkey

@blenky Thor Ragnarok:
    No problem of any kind at 4:25 played without BD Menu but indeed it stops there when playing it with BD Menu. Interesting.
    The same with Star Wars A New Hope. Passes without Menu but with Menu it stopped at both points.

@mirror I hope it copes with both player modes!
    I typical play movies without BD Menu unless there is a specific reason to use them.
    We at least learned we need to test both modes when the fix comes next week.
    It is in fact important that it works with BD Menu too as that is the only way to play also any shorter version.

My problem with Avatar EE still also occurs without menu and happens at 1:18.02 into the movie.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Wow! Awesome. If this works it will be a major step forward.

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Ah that explains it. I'm the other way around. I like to play via menus.