Hddisks randomly Not recognized After reboot

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Davicom, May 27, 2020.

1. Davicom

Davicom Member

Hi all,

I have 8tb barracuda sata and 3 USB hdd attached to X10.

Too oft, After reboot, they are not more recognized from X10, so I have to perform manu reboot and for sata hdd I have to grow up It from bay and reinput in there.

I like if @Nice Monkey that Is and authority in this case, with his beautiful guide about hdd, could gently give me some tips.

I downgrade from x.x.36 to x.x.28 hoping that Not It Will happen no more. But I seriously doubting.

All hdd have single ext4 partition.

Thanks

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am afraid I have to disappoint here. Seen differences between FW's on detection speed a HDD is found but never could put a finger on the root cause.
    Beyond Gapp's which does have an effect (failing to re-run Gapps Installer after changing the FW) or just uninstalling it altogether.

My experiences with EXT4 are limited anyway as I used it for some quick tests only.

3. Davicom

Davicom Member

thank you for your time. I agree with you regarding the fw which I believe is not relevant, but honestly I didn't know what else to do. Really I don't know what Gapps Is intended for? All Google apps maybe? like play store and services? could I uninstall them?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You installed Google Services (for reaching the Google Store and running some Google APP's)? It is not installed by default on the RTD1296 models. Not so sure about X20 as I don't have such a model.

5. Davicom

Davicom Member

I have X10 and yes there has Always been Google play store and Google service, but I have never used them, and I would gladly do without them especially if they have some influence on HDD! It is simply a matter of manually uninstalling the various Google apps or there is something more specific to do

6. I found when my external usb Seagate expansion 8 TB disk drive was on my X20 & after that when I put it on X10 I can't see it. That's why I put it on my PC & from directory Android/Data I delete .nomedia file.
    After that the disk can be conected & seen on X10.

7. Davicom

Davicom Member

Thanks for reporting this. I also tried to change from ext4 to NTFS but It seems that X10 seems to be allergic to barracuda disk, with ironwolf no One problem. Now on Every reboot I miss the disk

8. Davicom

Davicom Member

News: It seems that the problem Is caused by openwrt