Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not yet, but it will be included with the next official firmware release.

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Yes - the string needed is dolby truehd

Attached Files:

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thought so will re edit it
    Thanks

Am i right X9x release date is circa August still ?

4. Markswift2003

I've not been told anything, but I would guess July-August..

5. DELUCAS

if its as good / better than the 1395 chipset (of course it should by a way )
    It will be worth the wait just id req the Z10x model though and that be a bit later on grrrrrr

Back to HT update

6. xskip

xskip Active Member

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  7. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Local Trailers Resolved

Here is a quick summary for local trailers. After couple of hours of troubleshooting the issue with @Markswift2003 we discovered that the key to local trailers is selection of Nuplayer in
    Quick settings > Playback > Stream Player

After that it was all downhill. Local trailers are for people that like to see trailers. Some of the trailers are missing in HT all together like Anna 2019, few in Transformers, Pirates and some are bad quality or not the ones you like. You can download trailer from the net hd-trailers.com is a good place to start.

Here is what works, all files and directories are at the same level in Movies:

\Share\Movies\
    Anna.2019.2160p.BluRay.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos <BD Folder>
    BDMW <Folder>
    CERTIFICATE <Folder>
    Anna.2019.2160p.BluRay.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.trailer.mkv
    Ghost.in.the.Shell.2017.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos <Movie Folder>
    Ghost.in.the.Shell.mkv
    Ghost.in.the.Shell.trailer.mkv
    Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.iso
    Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.trailer.mov
    Blade.Runner.1982.The.Final.Cut.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.mkv
    Blade.Runner.1982.The.Final.Cut.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.trailer.mkv

The key is to keep the trailer with identical file name and just add ".trailer" to the end even if the prefixes don't apply to this file. The trailer file has to be at the same directory level as the movie itself. It could be blended with all movies. It doesn't require own folder. The only exception is when dealing with BD Folder structure, put the trailer file down in the first level of the BD Directory.
    In case of multiple versions of the same movie like 3D, HDR, 1080p you only need one trailer with the same name and format beside any one movie file.

Some side effects from local trailers:
    - Trailers take a lot longer to start now. It checks directories and wakes up the drives from standby as needed

Other notes to Zidoo to complete local trailer project
    - We could use stop button for the trailer. A lot of trailers are spoilers. I don't want to see it all when getting ready to watch movie.
    - I would also like to see the trailer file to show up during the database scan process as "Trailer" icon beside 3D and HDR versions. This would play full screen using Zidoo player with correct frame rate, aspect ratio, no stuttering etc. Currently "trailer" is one of those key words that excludes file from scanning into database. I need to keep another copy of the same file with different filename in separate Trailer directory to have them show up as other or 1080 in my movie page.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    leonkoum and Markswift2003 like this.
  9. Markswift2003

This has been fixed now so all trailers, including online, show in the correct aspect even if it's not a 1.78:1 file.

Hadn't thought of that one - I haven't played with online trailers to the extent that the drives have gone back to sleep.

Certainly, in my case, online trailers are fine - my drives are set to sleep so content cannot be accessed until they wake up which takes a few seconds, but the directory structure seems to be accessible through a cache, so I see no delay in online trailers despite the directory check.

10. Markswift2003

Just noticed a great new fix in v2.0.36 -

Poster pages, including those with the right hand side Alphabet Sidebar and "ALL" which has the left hand Selection Pane will wrap in both directions if you hold the arrow keys.

So discrete button push on the right most poster puts you on the Alphabet Sidebar, but press and hold from within the poster view allows wrapping.

Similarly with the left hand Selection Pane in "ALL"

That integrates the Alphabet Sidebar much more elegantly.

Also, "Recommended" movies seem to change regularly now - previously they would remain static. Not sure what the mechanism for this is though.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Is this with latest HT .36? Can you doble check Star Wars trailer? Anna trailer looks good with black bars top and bottom on small preview and popup window. Star Wars is badly stretched vertical (no black bars) in small preview and popup.
    Yeah, if you have nothing but the best certainly it does that ;) My stuff is value oriented ;)
    Some NAS will allow root and second level of directories to be accessed while in standby (I have one like that very old WD Live). The rest keeps on waking and spinning up the drives just to say hello. I have 10tb attached to Zidoo SATA port and 8tb on USB 3.0. SATA appears to spin down all the time before 10 min set timer. Zidoo wakes it up as needed and that takes time.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

One more note on the online trailer delay now. If I have 3 movies under one movie page 3D, HDR, Other (trailer). It takes forever now to see the online trailer. Every movie is on different drive and it keeps on waking them up in sequence one at the time to check for local trailer. If nothing found it downloads YouTube trailer at the end ;)

13. Markswift2003

To be fair, it was only fixed on Friday and I was sent v3.0.36 yesterday morning so hopefully it'll seed on Monday..

StarWarsTrailer.jpg

My drives are Western Digital My Clouds and My Cloud EX2s.

I've been testing with the EX2 since that's where my latest 4K movies are.

3DBuff likes this.
  14. DELUCAS

Confirm on 3.0.35 star wars trailers has borders top and bottom .

just finding option on picking alternative Movie posters for me there dont seem to be much of a choice coming up not like it was on H.T.v2.0

eg star trek Yoyager series it just lists 2 tv series posters ?
    Before i had many choices .

Eg A Beautiful Planet 2x posters

just seeing what i need to click to get more .

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Last note on waking up drives and delay. As I'm playing with it right now I discovered that Zidoo is buffering directories internally. After first round of waking every drive out there it remembers what was there. Now it plays online trailer faster without waking up drives again. It only wakes up drive to play local trailer but not for online trailers.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I downloaded and updated Pirates of Caribbean movie trailers: Dead Man's Chest and On Stranger Tides. Now all parts have trailers. I copy them twice. One copy beside main movie with ".trailer" prefix and second in Trailers separate folder with .preview prefix. This way it plays trailers in small preview window, trailer pop up window and full screen high quality if I rally want to see it. The label for trailer gets "Other" badge first and 1080 after playback. If we get custom labels fixed or figured out it should give it permanent "Preview" badge.

17. Markswift2003

Had a look at the suffixes required to name the <A>, <B> etc boxes...

I used Rise of the Skywalker as an example.

So this one I used the following names:

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.(1#Movie).mkv
    &
    Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.(2#Preview).mkv

The numbers are used to order but if omitted, they are done in alphabetical order so you could just use:

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.(#Movie).mkv

&
    Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.(#Preview).mkv

and the order would be correct.

AB1.jpg
    This one I used "Trail" instead of "Preview". Obviously since this mechanism requires scanning, you can't use safe words like "Trailer" or "demo".

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.(1#Movie).mkv
    &
    Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.(2#Trail).mkv

Again, the numbers could be omitted

AB3.jpg

I've added the full protocol to the HT3 labels document, attached.

Attached Files:

3DBuff likes this.
  18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003, Great news with Custom Labels :)

Before I spend a lot of time on this one, few quick questions since you got it under control.
    Custom labels are part of HT for a long time just recent addition to v.36?

Your example:
    Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.(#Movie).mkv
    Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.(#Preview).mkv
    Generates correct custom labels for both movies.

What happens if you play a bit of this movie, show decoder info, stop back out of movie page to poster wall and into movie page again? Do those custom labels stay or get replaced with 4K, 1080 etc.?

I'm just interested in "Preview" label.
    My example:
    Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.iso

What do I need to do for "Preview" to show up?

Rename my trailer file to:

1. Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.(#Preview).mov
    2. Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(#Preview).mov
    3. Rename both files to:
    Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(1#Movie).iso
    Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(2#Preview).mov
    I appreciate your time Mark :) I couldn't get custom labels to show up even once.

19. Markswift2003

No, this has been in effect for quite a long time, back into HT2 as far as I know.

These Movie Labels are to replace the A B boxes rather than the codec boxes, so although there is overlap using the "Display by Type" suffixes which is a bit confusing, if you stick to the "Custom Name" suffix of (Number#DisplayName) you should be fine.

For your "Preview", just a (#Preview) will do the trick, but I'd do this:

Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(#Movie).iso
    Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(#Preview).mov

No need for numbers because "Movie" comes before "Preview" alphabetically.

Belt and braces would be:

Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(1#Movie).iso
    Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.UHD.BLURAY.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(2#Preview).mov

This is after codec info has populated:

AB4.jpg

AB5.jpg

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I had another crack at custom labels.

Here are my findings. The reason it never worked for me before is because I have multiple movie versions and all have to be renamed with custom label prefix!

HT automatically generates 3D, HDR, 4K, 1080 etc. All I really wanted was to make one custom "Preview". That's not how it works :(
    In order for any custom labels to show up all movies have to be renamed with custom labels :(

Here is what works:
    Star.Wars.Episode.IX.The.Rise.of.Skywalker.2019.(2#Preview).mov

So most likely another example (not tested) would be:
    Blade.Runner.2049.2017.2160p.BluRay.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(#HDR) <BD Folder>
    Blade Runner 2049.2017.BluRay.3D.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.(#3D).iso
    Blade Runner 2049.2017.(#Preview).mov

All I need is just one label on trailer file (#Preview).