Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

We are moving forward :)

Quick overview of HT 3.0.33

Customisable Home Page - all good, I know there was a heated discussion on what we need there and in what order.

Poster Wrap - OK. The wrap function should be extended to all icons in all menus.

Alphabet Navigation - Very Good, works with the arrows and keyboard, very fast :)
    One small glitch. When in alphabet vertical line pushing Back or Return key takes you out of poster wall into HT opening (Home) screen with Watching, Latest and icons. It should take you to the top of the page first poster or at least letter A just like it does on posters.

Auto Trailer - small trailer preview is not forcing the trailer all the time now, it stops playing again afer exit from popup trailer window - good. Small issues: we still don't have adjustable time before trailer starts and no stop button. Some trailers start for me after longer delay. The system is waking up my drives from standby checking if local trailers are there. Still no way to stop small window preview trailer. Stop or back button should stop the trailer in small preview and go back to backdrop movie page.

Local Trailers - We now have local trailers enabled - naming convention is fileName.trailer.ext
    This is not working for me :( Something is happening, I can hear Zidoo waking up drives, checking for trailer but it can't find it or play it.
    Naming trailer as fileName.trailer.ext takes it out of media library as containing one of those words "trailer" or "Demo" discussed not too long ago. I had to copy it with different names to keep it in my movie page as FileName.preview.ext in order to show up again in movie page as "Other" beside HDR icon. I tried placing FileName.trailer.ext in directory with all movies and and separate scanned directory without much success. Tested with 2 files. Can't get any of them to play in small window or trailer popup window. Maybe the software player for trailers is very picky to what format of files it can play.

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Custom labels for trailer. I tested it again. Following exactly example from the popup help window I named it "Blade Runner 1982 (2#Preview).mkv". It shows up as label "Other" beside "HDR". Tried "Blade Runner 1982 (#Prev).mkv" just in case "Preview" was too long for the label. Still the same thing comes up with "Other". Can't get custom label on those icons.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'll have a look at this tomorrow...

4. Markswift2003

Works for me - I tried .mp4 files from YouTube and .mov from Apple trailers and both ok.

For example for Bladerunner, I have 2 files in the BladeRunner folder (no additional scanning is needed):

Movie = BladeRunner.mkv

Trailer = BladeRunner.trailer.mov

And also, if I use an Apple Trailer, BladeRunner.trailer.mp4, that works too..

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Alphabet navigation is really great now. You jump to first poster that starts with letter T just by pushing "T" on the keyboard without going into vertical alphabetical line.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I named my trailer with your file name "BladeRunner.trailer.mp4". Still no go. I moved the movie and trailer to "Blade Runner 1982" directory. Didn't help. I think it's something to do with the file itself and this software player. That's why some trailers are not playing. Zidoo player has no problems with it.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Just been playing with 3.0.33 - just gets better!

A couple of observations and questions.

Using the feature 'Poster list alphabetical navigation' has a couple of annoying effects
    1) In a category if you scroll from top left to the right it does not wrap at the end to next roe but gets stuck in the vertical alphabet. Going backwards from bottom right works OK
    2) Movies with number e.g. 1917, now appear at the end of the list and not at the beginning which just feels and looks wrong

Suggestion for poster wrap. It would be nice when scrolling to last item it skipped back to first and vice versa.

Some trailers do not show in correct aspect ratio - e.g. War of the Worlds (2005). They are stretched to fill the 16:9 frame.

Great to be able to customise the home screen. Got rid of the annoying 'watching' line altogether!

3DBuff likes this.
  8. Hello everyone and sorry for the intrusion .......

I always follow the discussion, even if in English but, I missed something ????
    In the sense that you speak of HT 3.0.33 but, there is no link on the first page and neither in the latter ..........

I would like to be sure that you are talking about a beta that is not yet open to the public, that's why my post.
    Thanks in any case and good day to all, Andrea.

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

its Beta not open to general public so to speak .

andreamusso.am likes this.
  10. Got it all, thank you very much, Andrea.

11. Markswift2003

Yes, that's a restriction of having the alphabet list on the right - so how would you see that working? Maybe if you hit the alphabet list and keep the button pressed, it wraps after a 500ms hold time?

You can also turn the alphabet list off in settings and use USB keystrokes A-Z if you have that facility.

Already reported.

[/QUOTE]

Good catch.

Already reported - this is the same with online trailers too.

12. Markswift2003

Replied to PM, but for others, the trailer name must be the file name and not the movie name and must be in the same folder as the movie.

Only think I'm not sure of is BDMV folders - I don;t have any to test - perhaps someone using BDMV folders can confirm?

I'd assume using the same name as the folder in which the BDMV folder sits with the trailer in that folder.

13. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

About BDMV:
    Movie name(folder)
    -- BDMV(folder)
    -- movie name.trailer.ext

or:
    Movie name(folder)
    -- BDMV(folder)
    movie name.trailer.ext

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror, OK thanks for explanation.
    Most of my movies don't have their own folders.

I have:
    \Share\HDR\
    Movie name1.MKV
    Movie name2.ISO
    Movie name3 (BD folder directory structure)

Should I put:
    Movie name1.trailer.mkv
    Movie name2.trailer.mov
    Movie name3.trailer.mp4
    at the same level as above in \Share\HDR\ ???

I don't want to create hundreds of folders with single file Movie name.mkv inside each of them just so I can put trailer here and there.

From your explanation the BD directory structure would take my trailer like:
    \Share\HDR\Movie name3\Movie name3.trailer.mkv

Solution to one HDR folder with movies would be to include trailer folder in search process like:
    \Share\HDR\Trailers\ with any trailers I have.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  15. catorcio

catorcio Member

Installed on my Z10, nice but useless, I see the image stretched or too narrow, I am forced to use other APPs.

16. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

Is there another way to feed the movie category labels (MKV, DTS-HD, etc...) into the database, other than letting the movie play or renaming all the files? Can it be included in the NFO file and scraped or can you manually update the theater.db file? I looked at the theater.db file and couldn't find the location for where this information would reside. I really don't want to play every one of my movies to populate these fields. Thanks for the help.

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't think HT is completely ready for NFO file yet. You just need to play 30s of the move, push decoder info button on remote, stop move, back out of movie page into poster wall and click OK to get back into movie page. You will see updated info badges. It's probably faster compared to file rename with info from Media Info app or generating NFO files.
    The issue is that those tags are still not consistent. It takes file name prefix first and then it overrides with decoder info after the playback. Audio tags will get pushed out of 5 badge row in ISO and BD directory structure. Not too bad with MKV files.

18. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

Thanks 3DBuff, I don't really want to start playing all 600 movies to have that happen. Do you know if we could pre-populate values within the database? If so, would they be written over once the movie plays with the "corrected" badges?

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Don’t know. Try it on couple of moves and let us know. Once you play movie it generates new specific tags from video decoder. Audio badges are from file name prefix. Don’t know what would happen if you pre-populate with different tag.

20. Markswift2003

I don't think nfo files can be used to allocate file attributes - it's something I had a conversation with Zidoo about many months ago and as far as I know nothing has changed in that respect since.