Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

We are due for new HT update :) Anytime, we are ready :)

zarathoestra likes this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

sadly i will be one step behind ........

maybe they may send me a test model of the Zidoo Z10x to make up for it . :) :)

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Changes are afoot!

Юрий Гандев likes this.
  4. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

How can I get the latest HT upgrade?

5. Markswift2003

Definitely worth the wait this time ;)

3DBuff and Юрий Гандев like this.
  6. Markswift2003

I hope I'm not jumping the gun here by telling you that aside from a lot of bug fixes, the headline features of the latest version are:

Customisable Home Page - so you can decide what items you want to show and what order they appear in.

Poster Wrap - Posters wrap at the left hand side as well as the right now, dependent on what view you're using.

Alphabet Navigation - Assuming you use <title> as the sort order, there is full aphabetised navigation on poster pages, including USB keyboard

Auto Trailer - Auto Trailer no longer restarts after Full Screen Trailer stops

Local Trailers - We now have local trailers enabled - naming convention is fileName.trailer.ext

Hopefully it will be seeded to testers soon...

zarathoestra and 3DBuff like this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see it :)
    Are we getting own trailer blended into the YouTube mix for small window movie page preview or will it show as additional movie "Trailer" logo where HDR and 3D versions are?
    Both ways are good. Good and bad both ways ;)

9. Markswift2003

At the moment, the local trailer plays first followed by online in both Auto Trailer and Full Window Trailers.

I've suggested that if a local trailer is present, then ignore online trailers - what do you think?

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I like local trailer first following YouTube trailers.

Gives us preference on what trailer we like to see first with better quality. Hopefully we can stop the trailer and go back to backdrop with movie page. In pop up window arrow keys will advance to next YouTube trailer. This is good.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Second option of having own trailer as additional movie icon "Trailer" beside HDR, 4K, 3D....would play full screen only when clicked on using high quality Zidoo player. I could put 3D trailers there for 3D movies :) Some Blu-ray disks have 3D trailers in them :)

This option is independent from small and popup trailer window.

Both options are good. We could use both :)

12. catorcio

catorcio Member

13. Markswift2003

It's always a fine balance between providing a simple elegant interface and one with so many bells and whistles that it confuses the hell out of people to the point they don't use it (I think Kodi is a great example of that, although I'm sure many would disagree).

You were always able to add your own trailer to the A, B, C boxes and then rename as appropriate, so if you want to play full screen with the Zidoo player or use 3D files, you can still do that.

xskip likes this.
  14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes, that's right. Following COVID-19 guidelines for social distancing and isolation ;) Sit and wait :)

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes, it just needs "Trailer" or "Preview" label instead of 1080 or something random. But in theory it works. I already have custom trailers that way :)

16. Markswift2003

You can change the labels with the filename - I've not tried it, but there was a forum post about it a while ago..

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I found my own post here about it with the popup window pictures.
    Unfortunately it is not working. I can't make custom label no matter what I type in the file name even exact example from popup window is not working.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Alphabet Navigation - I'm going to like that :)
    What is Poster Wrap? Using right arrow key at the end of the row jumps to the left poster in the same row?

19. Markswift2003

Yes - but jumps to the left poster on the next row and vice versa.

It never worked on the left though, so that's fixed now.

It is complicated by the alphabet list now, and in <ALL> you have the left menu pane, but in views where such GUI elements are not present (eg <Movie> view in <Date Added> order), wrap works on both sides now.