Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

first thing i tried it works after.
    but next day trailer sound goes off but same movie plays sound no prob then trailer sound works .

so from boot up no trailer sound on any ....
    Play any movie for a min or two then trailer sound works .

if you reeboot same thing occurs .
    Odd

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Very odd - Is HDMI audio set to "RAW" or "Auto"?

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I tested this function today. No, it's not working for me on networked drives. Maybe it was designed for removable drives connected directly to Zidoo only. It could probably be quickly modified to do the same concept on network drives that are not available.

This function "Synchronize data from other source" is in menu source selection. There is fine print below with description and example of removable drive on single SATA port. The description says: "Copy all data from another scanned device (whether or not it is invalid) to this device". I have multiple network locations but some of them are off most of the time (older movies don't need to be on all the time 7 days / 24 hours on). If I want to see them in HT, I need to power up the NAS in order for those movies to show up in the HT Poster Wall. I'm not going to play any of those movies every day but it's good to see full database when browsing or looking at actors and checking what movies I have with them. I followed the instructions and synchronized data from the drives that will be powered off to the drive that is on all the time. Exit HT, shut down one NAS with 2 drives and restarted HT. Database was showing lower count of the movies and the sources are showing "Disconnected" for the drives that are powered off. Maybe I'm missing something.

ZDMC/Kodi always keeps scanned database live redy for search and browsing if the drives are on or not. It will purge database only when "Clean Database" functions is initialized.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Check this page - it lists the firmwares nad has links - the latest official is 2.3.10.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/2INlOr7QH+1KKmVViAFMcQ==.html

5. DELUCAS

first thing i checked just incase it got changed on raw as always and just changed to auto just in case
    But the same .

will boot up again later and see if the same it usually is .

Trailer always plays on most of my movies but oddly no sound .

Maybe next apk may sort it ;)

6. Markswift2003

"Synchronize data from other source" is a clever little utility to use if you've moved your movies to another drive with a different logical address (say you upgrade your drive..).

It just allows the existing database to be used with the same data just at a different location.

I have my NAS drives in auto standby (sleep) mode and this keeps the full database alive.

7. Markswift2003

I don't think it's a problem with the apk (unless anyone else has seen similar issues?).

There is the outside chance that it's because it came from the UHD2000 firmware, but as I understand it there are no differences between HT versions for different boxes.

Only try this if you're sure you won't loose data - but I'd backup my database, delete HT3 (which actually reverts to factory HT2), update to v2.3.10, restore the database and confirm trailers work then update to HT3...

But as I say, make sure you back up!!!

8. DELUCAS

sounds like the right direction
    Maybe all the H.T.v2 / 3 and ive added a few updates has clogged the system up and needs a fresh install .

will see if i can remove existing Updates of H.Tv2 / v3 and fresh boot up etc

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Makes sense, however what got me thinking about keeping data alive while the drive is off was "data from another scanned device (whether or not it is invalid)" - HT fine print.
    I only have home grade NAS drives not mirrored and all of them are in auto standby mode. Network mapped drives on my laptop wake up and refresh every time I start or wake up laptop. I don't really need it. Trying to save my drives. Those are my archive drives home grade, filled up, USB connected to RPi Kodi system for projector. I turn it on when required but if not I'd rather keep them powered down. HT removes all titles from disconnected drives :(

A small check mark by the source selection in HT "Keep this source database alive when disconnected Yes/No" would go a long way. This could also be used with multiple local drives connected to USB one at the time. If you press play on movie from disconnected drive it would ask you to connect the source. Kodi does it.

10. DELUCAS

wiped out all inf / poster inf on H.T.v3
    Took me a while to re add and source the movies back on how i want it .

Good news is for the first time Contact trailer woks but sadly no sound ........
    So its the same as such .

will wait for updated H.T.V3 apk if its released soon .

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What’s your audio amp showing? Nothing, no audio stream? Run cable directly to TV and check.

Audio for trailers may be related to HT but audio from movies (Zidoo player) is from box firmware version not HT related.

I’ve seen my receiver doing stereo only when video stream set to auto was pushing 12 bits. Setting video to 10 bits solved this issue. Check your amp.

12. DELUCAS

I have a Professional Monitor so everything goes via my Receiver
    It plays Movies in all sorts of Audio codecs Dts , DD + Dts Hd master and stereo no issues
    But from boot up in to H.T.v3 leave on say star wars Empire strikes back poster wall Trailer Auto starts no sound stop trailer go in to Movie play sound works as normal then after all trailer sounds work .

when back home will try a Receiver pull mains plug from wall see if it resets itself .

as mine are always left in standby .

will try some more settings

failing that new firmware update with H.Tv3.00 ++ pre installed and see if it resolves my little issue .

thanks for input 3DBuff .

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What is receiver showing for audio at that point? Nothing, no audio? Should be PCM 2.0 just like clicking sound from HT moving around posters.

14. DELUCAS

from memory as always PCM always diplayed for trailers
    Then for movies as always goes in to whatever Audio format my movies are in .

will check again tonight .

the funny thing is once the trailers audio works they all do .
    Until for example the next day it all reverts back to no sound .

as in its loosing hdmi audio sync for just the trailers but not the movie itself if that makes sense .

odd one

im leaning towards a bug of some sort in the new H.T.v3 Trailers .

will try Receiver power off later today like the Zidoo sooner it needs a reset .

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Check after boot up if you’re getting audio clicks moving around poster wall.

Zidoo remote volume should also control master volume before amp for LPCM 2.0

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  16. DELUCAS

Update : PCM was flashing from PCM to no input etc as per normal as mine seems to take an age to sync itself to my set up .
    Once settled PCM input went so think ive sourced issue HDR in settings changed to SDR Rec 709 .

All working at moment Trailer sounds etc

will test later tonight to 100% confirm so not software issue but a hardware setting as such

Thought it might help someone out in future .

was driving me crazy but fingers crossed resolved .

Thanks all for input

17. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

I believe my post may be better suited in this thread.
    I was wondering if there is a Media Manager (Tiny Media Manager, Media Companion , Ember, etc...) that can be used to manage the HT library artwork and NFO files. I noticed that someone was using Tiny Media Manager to edit NFO files earlier in this post. I use Media Companion because it can also create XBMC/Kodi compliant files but haven't tried to use it to manage the HT library. It would be great if it could.

I also would like to know if you can put the media file info into the NFO file and have it populate the categories (4k, DTS-HD, MKV, ...) within the movie library? I really don't want to rename my entire library with file extensions.

paxnn likes this.
  18. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I use Tiny Media Manager for scraping my entire collection. HT doesn't import all infos from the nfo correctly into the HT database, so I'm currently working on a tool what reads all the data from nfo Files or Tiny Media Database and load it into the HT database how I want.

zarathoestra, Zwanzig and 3DBuff like this.
  19. Hizzle

Hizzle New Member

That's pretty cool. I'd be interested in using your tool, if you don't mind making it available when it's ready. Managing the movie library outside of HT will be much easier and more powerful. Does HT pull any media info from the nfo file to populate categories (4k, DTS-HD, MKV, ...)? Does Tiny Media Manager put that info into the NFO file? I was using Media Companion as my media manager.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  20. DELUCAS

Just caught up and on Apk 3.0.22 i managed to get hold of ;)