New firmware v1.0.39 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jun 30, 2016.

1. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

windows 95 is also running on devices with 64bit core - hahahahaha - but not in 64bit mode

zidoo is now afraid to get all thos humpy bumpy devices back
    the same as orbsmart got with those S92 which came back hundered of times

Xoxi Xiola likes this.
  2. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

let's hope this will not lead to the loss of the reputation ..
    because this would be the end for zidoo

3. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

They dont have much reputation. Nothing to loss. Their new product looks promising, but I would suspect similar lies like here for zidoo x6 - big 64-bit label and it means nothing, because Android itself is 32-bit.

So, all exciting features need to be divided by 2 I think. They keep promising so much and we are actually getting less

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  4. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

so back to my initial question: any infos about a new firmware release?
    what is being worked on?

grummel2005 likes this.
  5. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

No infos.

6. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

maybe a zidoo person should answer this .. sorry :)

7. grummel2005

@stefan-ott when we got the last really informatical info from a zidoo person? :)

8. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

ok.. hmm.. so .. what's next? :)

9. grummel2005

the "give-back action" is on the way - got some mails as we did with orbsmart - amazon is involved and open minded to take them back - it is within the one-year-limit :)
    at the moment about 23 people with 27 x6pros :(

nexy33 likes this.
  10. nexy33

nexy33 New Member

the crickets are more active than zidoo employees in this thread, hope some of the folk who have been giving grummel2005 crap have ordered a large slice of humble pie with a side order of crow

grummel2005 likes this.
  11. grummel2005

i do not want to have a pie - i am satisfied when the guys and girls will get a functionable device

12. nexy33

nexy33 New Member

chances of any new firmware are pie in the sky i think buddy

13. Steve

Steve New Member

I feel let down that zidoo seem to have given up and instead of letting everyone know they are not supporting anymore just silence instead :(

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

that because they havan't give up officialy. we may see updates in the future. no one knows when :)

15. grummel2005

they cannot give up official, because there are still some problems between the promises they gave when they sold the first devices and the reality.
    each country have different guarantee regulations ans e.g. in germany we can give the devices back in the first year without any problems when the promised features are not fulfilled.
    then in the next year it is a little bit other but even there we have the possibility to give back in the case we have here with the x6
    e.g. amazon knows this and is doing no problem to the people here - a lot gave them back and got the money and bought other devices from other firms ...
    and of cause they will do official updates but only to do some in the first year or two to fulfil the regulations, but in the back of the firmwares it will not be changed a lot.
    see all the promised stuff in the last year - about 25% had been fulfilled i think roughly calculated.
    and the people are not happy with the device but are not willing to give it back because they do not know the regulations - so they are using the device in minimum use and thats it.
    in former time we had a lot of devices here standing around because of this system but in the last years we gave them all back and got the money back from all those stupid devices.
    maybe when more and more people do this the devices will be hopefuly better.
    hopefully hopefully hopefully

16. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

i will start a the return process for my 2 boxes if i don't hear any news mid of net week

17. grummel2005

i can give you the official homepage pdf from x6 from 30.12.2015 if you need it :)
    there you can see the former promised features ...

Braubursch and stefan-ott like this.
  18. Walkingtree

Walkingtree New Member

Unfortunately most if not all manufacturers of the boxes based on rockchip abandons their projects very quickly. Zidoo doesn't seem to be an exemption. That's one of the reasons why Kodi developers stopped support rockchip boxes.
    Regarding X6, as plenty of people highlighted here there is still plenty of major problems not resolved. There is no will from Zidoo engineers to sort them out recently.

For example I still have problem with no sound when playing especially DTS files. Have to press stop and play seweral times to get a sound. I had no problems with it until zidoo released 1.0.38 and implemented 'new better passthrough metod'.
    It seems that I have made mistake by buing X6.

19. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Yes but every version is worse and worse. Maybe it's good they stopped releasing updates. I will not lost my navbar anymore for example

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  20. nice159

nice159 Active Member

Seems like they now have more box models than employees...