ZDMC data location (NOT solved) Zidoo please help

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Clint74, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello,
    I have posted a similar question in the XMBC section but nobody has answered me....

Is it possible to change the data location of ZDMC to the internal HDD (Z1000) instead of the internal storage?

I ask you this as I have a big library and many apps and have run out of space in the on-board memory. Actually ZDMC will hang and stop responding when there's less than 5/600 Mb available. Tested, as soon as I delete files from the library and free up memory it works fine again.

Thank you all.....

Billmartian likes this.
  2. Billmartian

Billmartian New Member

Yeah Thats something i would like to know aswell ?

Or is there some solution to expand the external storage with and SDcard or something.
    I know the NVidea Shield has a Feature where you can expand the internal storage by inserting an EXTRA SD card, i would be nice if that was also possible with the Zidoo Box

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Using Android 7 it is in principle possible to expand the Internal Storage (next to Portable) but that feature must be integrated into the Android build.
    I did not see this in the Zidoo Android storage setup => format options. This storage device can/may NOT be removed anymore once committed. So it works much nicer with SD-Cards.
    My eXtreamer eXpress player does include this feature (also RTD1295) and was verified to work.
    One can next move KODI data there.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  4. Billmartian

Billmartian New Member

Yeah but its not possible with the Zidoo Z10 box, there is no option to expand the internal Storage with an SD card.

The Nvidea Shield is also an Android box, they have implemented that option into there version.
    Thats why i'm thinking hardly to swith over the the SHIELD, cause lets be honest 10gig of internal storage, is way to less to store a KODI database

Peter

5. deMARC

deMARC New Member

YES. It's possible.
    In fact this is how I have it working.
    For this you need to create an XML script called "advancedsettings.xml" in the ZDMC "userdata" folder specifying the path where you want the data to be written.
    There are many tutorials on the internet to create this script but it could look something like this:

<advancedsettings>
    <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
    <from>/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails</from>
    <to>/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/ZDMC_thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
    </advancedsettings>

Where "/sdcard1/ZDMC_thumbnails/" is the folder path where the data will be stored (don't forget to create it before).

Greetings (and excuse my bad English).

6. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello,
    thank you very much for the suggestion, I will try it out as soon as possible.

....I did search the net (I guess not very well though!) but my results were creating an xbmc_env.properties file which didn't work: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_data_location_for_Android

I will hopefully let you know about my positive results.

Cheers and stay safe...

7. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello,
    I did try your suggestion but it didn't work...there must be something wrong with the path.

I also re installed ZDMC from scratch just to be sure.

This is the XML script I made:

<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>1000</recentlyaddeditems>
    </videolibrary>
    <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
    <from>/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails</from>
    </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
    </advancedsettings>

Now thumbnails are not saved anywhere.

The path that is shown for the HDD through Posterwall is: usb://ZidooHDD/ZDMC_thumbnails

Unfortunately through the mediacenter file manager you can't actually see all the path but just: ZidooHDD/ZDMC_thumbnails

Also the kodi userdata path seen through Posterwall is: storage://Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails

Can you please guide me to the correct path?

Thank you.

Best regards.

8. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello,
    I did try your suggestion but it didn't work...there must be something wrong with the path.

I also re installed ZDMC from scratch just to be sure.

This is the XML script I made:

<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
    </videolibrary>
    <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
    </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
    </advancedsettings>

Now thumbnails are not saved anywhere.

The path that is shown for the HDD through Posterwall is: usb://ZidooHDD/ZDMC_thumbnails

Unfortunately through the mediacenter file manager you can't actually see all the path but just: ZidooHDD/ZDMC_thumbnails

Also the kodi userdata path seen through Posterwall is: storage://Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails

Can you please guide me to the correct path?

Thank you.

Best regards.

9. deMARC

deMARC New Member

I would remove these 3 lines:

<videolibrary>
    </videolibrary>

I would first try to make the script work and then add whatever you need.

To locate the correct file path, you need a better file manager (I use Total Commander app for this).

You must check this points:

- Set the "advancedsettings.xml" script in the right path.
    In my case is: "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml"

- Make sure you have created the folder "ZDMC_thumbnails" on the target device.
    In my case is: "/storage/E044A8EE44A8C91C/ZDMC_thumbnails/" (where "E044A8EE44A8C91C" is an external hard drive)

- Write the correct paths in the "advancedsettings.xml" script.
    In my case would be:
    <to>/storage/E044A8EE44A8C91C/ZDMC_thumbnails/</to>

10. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Fantastic!!!!
    It works....no problems with the recently added or other settings within the advanced settings file.....
    It was just the path of the HDD......

Thank you very much....I didn't realize that the file explorer wasn't giving the correct path.....I had previously installed total commander on the X9S but it didn't have any other added storage, so I never realized the path was completely different from what visualized.....

Again thanks for solving this issue.....

11. Clint74

Clint74 Member

It doesn't actually work!!!!

It does save the files on the HDD and solved my space problems....BUT the videos don't play any more!

They only play with the KODI player (crap) and not with the Zidoo player!

If I want the ZDMC to use the Zidoo player it seems I have to save the thumbnails on the internal storage!!! Why???

It looks like I'm stranded....

It would be very helpful if someone from Zidoo could share it's opinion.......

12. Clint74

Clint74 Member

If anybody from Zidoo is surfing these forums...thank you for ignoring me....I will surely buy another player from you.....