Music Player 5.0 (firmware 2.3.3) – testing, findings, improvements expected

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by hao1080p, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi, thx for this tip:) But when I do this for all songs in the album, Artist is added to "Artists" tab, but Album dissapears from Album tab...

2. Alfredo M.

Alfredo M. New Member

It is not necessary to do it with all the artist's songs, if all the songs have the same artist name, the image will automatically be associated to all the songs as soon as you associate one.
    I'm going to try it and I will tell you. See if the album changes its name.

3. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi,

When I play any song in MP 5.0 that starts from the very beginning of the track (no silence at the beginning), Zidoo looses a very small part at the beginning ot the song (ca. 1/4 sec.).
    Do you have the same?

4. Cezary

Cezary Member

Yes, but if I rematch only few songs from album, these songs dissapear from this album and in Artists tab artist appears only with this songs :) Strange, we have to wait for new MP:)

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

We all have. This is caused by the PCM stream being started with playback. The AMP needs to detect the format of the stream and next kicks in with the correct output (may even involve relays 2CH <=> MCH on some). More advanced Music Player APPs offer gapless playback (reducing that problem to the first track) and may (optionally) keep the PCM stream active with idles.

For a workround:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...nd-mch-sacd-in-pcm-with-music-player-5.74087/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Юрий Гандев and Cezary like this.
  6. Cezary

Cezary Member

Understood. Thx. :)

7. Alfredo M.

Alfredo M. New Member

Can someone tell me how to find this image that is corrupting the music library
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71O74SpRwpL._SL1414_.jpg
    This image is the one that is put as covert art in more than 10 percent of the albums and I don't know where it is to be able to erase it. When I rematch a song and select the artist and the song, in most cases the program change the correct covert art for this image.
    The author is cole swindell and appears in a compilation album that I had on my pc (I have already deleted it from my pc) with a song called 86 Flatliner (feat. Dierks Bentley)
    Can someone please tell me how to locate and delete it so that it disappears from the wrong albums?

8. Cezary

Cezary Member

Workaround is suitable when you're going to play all disc from one big file. When I try to play using CUE, MP behavious as normal separate track playing (no gapeless).

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

If you change individual FLACS from a single album to a single FLAC with a matching CUE sheet created, just that album can be played gapless with all songs indicated and selectable individually. Plays absolutely gapless as I use it for live albums.

10. hao1080p

hao1080p New Member

Which firmware you are using now? 2.1.36?
    I remembered the right btton bug is with the FW 2.3.7, and it is basically fixed after that version.
    On the other side, I never succeeded to get the artist re-matched by long press on a song...

11. Alfredo M.

Alfredo M. New Member

i am using 2.1.36 firmware,
    Where is the 2.3.7?
    if you press ok in a song a menu appears the if you choose rematch you see always the results that indicate the correct artist. In the same menu you can choose see artist, then you can edit and add images to background when you play a song from this artist.

12. hao1080p

hao1080p New Member

Okay just understood you are talking about X9S, and I am talking about Z9S...

13. Alfredo M.

Alfredo M. New Member

yes......

14. haQQo

haQQo New Member

Zidoo's Music Player application is very bad. Is there any other application I can use instead?

15. JBA6

JBA6 Member

haQQo,
    It depends what you want from a music player and how you want to control it which, if any, alternatives you could use. I’m one of the small number of users who want to interact with the music player using my TV’s screen and to control it using the standard remote. I also want it to reliably recognise my ripped albums and songs, to have gapless playback and finally I don’t want it to resample all music files to 48KHz. The latest version of the Zidoo Music app when tested on my Z9S this week still doesn’t reliably recognise all my music files or playback album tracks without a gap between each track when there isn't supposed to be one. Either one of these problems would rule it out for my use. When I got my first Zidoo box (an X9S) and found these problems I tried a large number of alternative Android apps and didn’t find any that were satisfactory. The closest I got was to use Kodi (or ZDMC) but that resamples all music files to 48KHz. I also tried the obvious (to me) alternative Android player, the Nvidia Shield (this was the 2017 version) and found that although it played most high bitrate files at the correct sample rate it resampled all 44.1KHz tracks to 48KHz so as that’s what most of my rips are it had to go.

So if your requirements match mine and you want to stick with your Zidoo then the best you can do in my opinion is to use Kodi which should, as long as they are tagged and named correctly, correctly recognise all your music files. It will however resample them all to 48KHz. My recommendation for the best Kodi skin to use on a Zidoo for music playback is the Confluence skin. It provides much more information on playing music tracks than the default Estuary skin and when switched to full-screen provides a clear display of either any local synced LRC lyric files or any lyrics found that can be found online (as long as the CU LRC add-on is installed). The resampling problem has meant that I no longer use my Z9S and will sell it some time in the future. I use another Android box but I have it setup to run the CoreELEC operating system which is basically Kodi running on Linux. This plays all my music at the correct sample rates, does a great job with my videos and with my favourite Transparency (Kodi) skin provides a superb on-screen display perfectly suited to music playback including synced lyric display.

--
    JB

haQQo likes this.
  16. haQQo

haQQo New Member

@ JBA6
    uzun cevabın için teşekkürler.
    Üzgünüz, sanatçılar sekmesi çalışmıyor. yani bir sanatçının şarkılarını çalmak mümkün değildir.
    Bir Çalma Listesi oluşturmak imkansız!
    TV kapalıyken 15-20 dakika sonra Zidoo müzik çalarken takılır.

Kararlı değil!

Kodi'den de nefret ediyorum. Birçok oyuncu kullandım. Müzik dışında favorim x20Pro'ydu.

Tavsiye ettiğiniz Kodi sürümünün bağlantısını paylaşabilir misiniz?

17. JBA6

JBA6 Member

haQQo,
    You ask where to find the software I use. You can read all about it here:
    https://coreelec.org/

I'm running it on an A95X Max TV box which is a discontinued but highly rated model and includes a space for an internal 2.5 inch SATA drive. I'm booting CoreELEC from a microSD card. If you really don't like Kodi then you probably won't like CoreELEC either because that's all it is. Works great for me though.

As this is now off-topic for a Zidoo forum, if you want to know any more please send me a personal mail.

--
    JB

haQQo likes this.
  18. haQQo

haQQo New Member

which device model should I choose? unfortunately there is no zidoo.

Attached Files:

19. haQQo

haQQo New Member

[QUOTE = "JBA6, yayın: 126677, üye: 24943"] haQQo,
    Kullandığım yazılımı nerede bulacağınızı soruyorsunuz. Bununla ilgili her şeyi buradan okuyabilirsiniz:
    https://coreelec.org/

Üretimi durdurulan ancak yüksek oranda derecelendirilmiş bir model olan ve dahili 2,5 inç SATA sürücü için bir alan içeren bir A95X Max TV kutusunda çalıştırıyorum. Bir microSD karttan CoreELEC'i başlatıyorum. Kodi'yi gerçekten sevmiyorsanız muhtemelen CoreELEC'i de sevmeyeceksiniz çünkü hepsi bu kadar. Gerçi benim için harika çalışıyor.

Bu artık bir Zidoo forumu için konu dışı olduğundan, daha fazla bilgi edinmek isterseniz lütfen bana kişisel bir posta gönderin.

-
    JB [/ Alıntı]
    Kişisel mesaj gönderemedim :))

20. JBA6

JBA6 Member

haQQo,
    OK One last one on this subject.
    You ask which download can be used with a Zidoo. The answer is CoreELEC is not compatible with Zidoo hardware, you can't use it with Zidoo devices.
    You need one of the listed media players or one based on one of the listed SoCs (mine has an X905X2).

If you need more please ask your question in the Music Streamers section of avforums.com.
    I think we must stop talking about non-Zidoo hardware and software now.

--
    JB