Music Player 5.0 (firmware 2.3.3) – testing, findings, improvements expected

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by hao1080p, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Alfredo M.

Alfredo M. New Member

I have almost 13,000 songs in a folder, thousands of artists and only the image of 6 or 7 recognizes me. I have tried to rename the folders with the artist-album title and the songs with the number of track-artist-song title and nothing but the photo of the 6 or 7 artists that the music player has found appears in the background. Can someone tell me how I should name the files so that the artist's image appears in the background? Thank you

2. hao1080p

hao1080p New Member

I am now using the FW 2.3.15, I don't see MP is really using our own images for background. 2 Cases:
    - When the album is matched, the images are indicated on the Playback Screen - searched by MP. 1 new improvement is that you can delete those wrong images, but no add.
    - When the album is not matched, after FW 2.3.10, it simply close off and doesn't show any more the background...

3. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi, quick question. I've got an album in folder "Golec uOrkiestra - The Best Of Golec uOrkiestra", and there are songs inside named like "01.01. Golec uOrkiestra - Ściernisco.flac", "01.02. Golec uOrkiestra - Młody Maj.flac", etc.
    The songs are randomly gruped into strange Albums containing 2-3 songs each. How to name it to have only one album?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  4. Alfredo M.

Alfredo M. New Member

Thank you very much for your answer. After several days breaking my head, ordering and renaming my albums and tracks I have given up on this player. In the end I installed the kodi 18 with the skin ace 2. It has recognized almost all the music without problems. It also has the possibility of showing the lyrics of the songs in an animated way that is visually very beautiful. The problem is that it is designed for more powerful devices and since I have so many albums the zidoo x9s falls short and kodi closes unexpectedly quite often. I really like the music player 5.0 because it also shows the lyrics of the songs in a synchronized way and like in karaoke, the problem is that many times it can't find the lyrics because it hasn't found any data.
    I don't know if the problem is that I don't name the albums, the tracks or the artists correctly. Can someone tell me what would be the correct structure? My current structure is for example
    MUSIC main directory, then a folder for each artist, and within that directory the albums of that artist, and then within each album the track number, the artist and the name of the track. For example MUSIC / DIRE STRAITS / BROTHERS IN ARMS / 01 Dire straits-brothers in arms.mp3

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  5. Cezary

Cezary Member

It's strange... Is here any Zidoo employee? Is it a secret how MP5 does work... Or Zidoo doesn't know too :) Why users have to do tests or experiments on their own???

6. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

That is the Zidoo philosophy. After you paid they are not interested in helping you. The service is worth a shit. They ignore issues you tell them.

7. Cezary

Cezary Member

I've switched from Dune HD...and I will regret it...

8. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@Cezary

As soon as the new Dune HD Pro 4K II is available in Germany i will change.

9. Cezary

Cezary Member

OK. I found. Song file must be named only this way"##. artist - track"; "##.##. artist - track" is not allowed.
    Now all my albums are showed with cover.jpg and correct list of songs. I don't know if they are recognized or not, but I have lirycs for many songs. But... Artists section it empty.
    Any advises? :)

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

You may well do But you will end up waiting for firmware updates addressing issues that will go on for months ........
    As its a new chipset with no doubt on going bugs .

and no doubt moaning about another Manufacture .........

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

May be? Moving from Sigma to Realtek took them 2 full years indeed. But now it is again a Realtek processor and Dune is using their own very stable OS so that does not change. Moving to Android 9 is used for the additional APP's only.
    I wonder if this is actually (a lot) simpler than moving to the new SDK of Realtek with Android 9? Realtek is notorious for bugs which take ages to be solved if at all ever.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  12. DELUCAS

Time will tell all these Android players have bugs some get addressed or have limitations on there chipsets .

The trouble is they started as Movie players now its a Music player then , then , so the more you put on it the more issues it has to address / solve .

Many just jump ship and go round and round as soon a they find an issue or it takes to long to resolve and end up having two or three diff media boxes .

Hopefully soon Zidoo will have a RTD 1916 Chipset in a Z10 / Z9s As it just a slide in and fit without any mods Provided they dont add any more connections .

13. Cezary

Cezary Member

@hao1080p

Thx for your guide. Could you look on my case? Let's take one of the most popular albums in the world: Michael Jackson - Bad. It should be in any f****d music database in the world :)

I guess it is an example of your case A4 (album not scrapped correctly form database, MP5 uses files' names and cover.jpg). In the below images you can see file structure and files. At first sight it looks perfectly correct but why in the hell this album isn't scrapped?

Regards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Tht is a good point. A few years ago i was owner of a Dune. Yes, they also had bugs in their firmware, but they respond in another way, they don't lie or even give no answer. I don't talk about ridicilous issues about movies or music that could not be scraped. I talk about paid features like a usbport which makes problem every third day. The problem exists for 15 Month now and their last unsuccesful try to fix it is 5 month or so old. THat is the reason because i think Ziddo is a company with a miserable service. I have contacted Zidoo a lot of times, either they told bullshit like they did not know the issue or they confirmed working on that problem, or they did not answer at all. The result is always the same - they do nothing! How can i trust such a behaviour and spend money on new players of them?

15. DELUCAS

Its always been known they dont frequent on here .
    They observe from a distance as such .

it dont help that there is a virus and lockdown that is effecting the whole world so delays are expected end off .

hopefully a firmware update ill be here soon to come .

For me it plays my movies so anything more added to H.T.v2 will be a bonus and all my movies are accessed via internal ssd for trouble free playback .

but i can understand others have issues .

16. Nice Monkey

Overall what top of the line media players like Zidoo offer today is amazing. We often look with a magnifying glass at problem details but forget how far they actually got. Will keep searching for perfection but frankly I am very happy with them as is using them daily.:)

17. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Sorry, but Zidoo is far away from the top of the line. Cambridge, Masters, Cocktail, Bluesound are examples, but not the wannabees from Zidoo ...

18. Nice Monkey

You are right obviously. I am talking affordable mass market Android based media players only. ;)
    Excellent value for money, but yes there are far better ones without any doubt at other price levels. :p

19. DELUCAS

The main top Android makers are Zidoo , Zapitti , Himedia , Dune and as such Nvidia plus a couple more ......
    They all have there possitives and negatives and drawbacks .

You have to pick the ones that mostly tick your box or address fixes or try to as well as do regular updates .
    They All have issues .

20. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@Nice Monkey

Have a look at CocktailAudio. Starting at 550€ with an superb DAC on Board ...