Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@andreamusso.am if you think it's worth it, start a new thread with some examples. Take pictures and videos of test patterns and films. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Send me a link when you get it.

2. It 's true, my problem is unfortunately a "physical" one, in fact I am disabled and my mind loses blows ......

I only left the HTPC because I no longer had the right to manage it .......

@3DBuff You're absolutely right, what I posted, would be extremely OT here, I did it just to understand if it is more important to have an HT2 that satisfies everyone, or the best Audio / video quality, that's why I have named things that are OT here.
    I apologize anyway ........

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Don't apologise - it's a forum - absolutely anyone can express their opinions.

I think it's extremely important to have both - excellent video and audio quality and an excellent interface, and I think the Zidoo has both and is getting better all the time.

I must admit I don't share your view that the Zidoo has poor video quality - I'm extremely fussy and always strive for the best sound and vision I can afford - and the Zidoo picture quality is easily as good as any current UHD BluRay player in my opinion - I've never had any issue with ringing (as you describe, double edges and sharpness) or contrast.

But as @3DBuff says, why not start another thread and let's explore it...

Osmar and andreamusso.am like this.
  4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Agreed. Don't need to apologize. Open forum. Write what you like :) It's good to hear other opinions.

This is HT2 thread for new versions, opinions and improvements.

I ran into MadVR once or twice few years back. That's a different topic for another time ;)

Markswift2003 and andreamusso.am like this.
  5. Meanwhile I have to thank you all,
    then, sorry for the umpteenth OT, I wanted to clarify that I also do not believe that the Z9s has a bad image, in fact, I just want to say that if you could make those two substantial changes of Contrast and Sharpness, you would have more room for maneuver for a image that could compete with the best HTPCs.

I say this because, I learned long ago (when my brain was not yet compromised) to calibrate with Colorimetric Probe, HCFR software and disks for calibrations and, from the "preparation" patterns to the calibration, they are immediately seen ...... ...

But now enough, otherwise I continue to be OT, when I can have more material to explain what I mean, I open a special discussion.
    Thanks for the space you have dedicated to me, Andrea.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Zidoo RTD1296 in general gives an excellent picture with one noticeable exception being reproducing of 4k HDR movies on a TV 1080P or 4K without HDR.
    The downscaling HDR => SDR goes with a significant loss. I expect RTD1619 to have improved on this?

RTD1296 improved native HDR itself over RTD1295 by supporting its variables MaxFALL, MaxCLL which is very visible on some HDR movies.
    It also improved Upscaling SDR => HDR.

7. Unfortunately I can't give my opinion on this, as I had HTPC and immediately after RTD1296, so I can't express myself ......

I repeat, both in FullHD and in 4K HDR, the Zidoo Z9s has a very nice image, you could do more, as already said if you could intervene on Contrast (with the command of Contrast on "Image Parameters" you cannot do what it would take) and Sharpness, I do not say that it would come to perfection but, you would be able to get very close .......

I clearly argue things, following my experience as a "NON" professional calibrator, however, certain things are the basis of video calibration ......

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003, any new HT updates? Waiting for local trailers and swipe movie info overlay off the backdrop artwork option :)

9. lucausee

lucausee New Member

Hi, I don't understand why on some movies (I have mkv only) I can see in the poster, for ex. 4k dts 23fps ECT... And in other only mkv no resolution or info. (See attachment) There is a way to fix? I try to use mkv toolnix but no way to fix. Any help? Thank u

Attached Files:

10. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

If I'm not mistaken, the information appears after you have seen the film ....

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It's a combination of filename description and info from the player (after you play a bit of the movie). Not really defined anywhere. Limited to 5 tags (badges) per movie page. Some listing here and here.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  12. Markswift2003

Nope - all quiet at the moment...

13. am2

am2 New Member

Hi,

In the next version I hope that they correct the operation of the wacthed mark:

- When I go into a collection it doesn't show the wacthed mark in the movies already seen.
    - Movies that have been seen for a few seconds are excluded from the unwacthed category and are not marked as wacthed.
    - The filter for not seen movies does not work correctly, because even if it does not have the wacthed mark, if the movie was viewed for a few seconds it is already internally as seen although it does not have the wacthed mark activated.

It would be nice if they added the option of seen and not seen in the filter. And thus be able to identify the movies that are marked as seen even if they do not have the mark of wacthed.

14. lucausee

lucausee New Member

Correct, if i launch the movie after 3 sec, go out and go in , and magically appear resolutio and other info. Thanks a lot!

15. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

That's how we know Zidoo. When was the last OTA firmware update released? No surprise that Zidoo stays miserable in terms of service and bug fixing. This forum without moderation is a suitable example. Developers who are not helping or even answering ...

Galactic likes this.
  16. lucausee

lucausee New Member

Correct, thank you, it is simple, play for 3 sec and the field are filled.

17. Markswift2003

The other option is to use file suffixes which will show and expand the codec info etc immediately..

Syntax is <filename>.<label1>.<label2>...<labeln>.ext

For example:

Aliens.mkv --> Aliens.dts-hd.fhd.mkv

Full list of labels is attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    xskip likes this.
  18. korayus

korayus Member

[​IMG]

How can I read rest of the "Personal History" ? I couldn't manage move with remote controller of Zidoo X9S.

19. Markswift2003

I'm afraid you can't at the moment - unlike the main movie description where focus can be shifted to the description and selected if it overflows the dialogue box, on cast & crew descriptions, that focus shift is not implemented.

20. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Exactly. I will come back to the topic of trailers that still do not start.
    A previous post made me realize that Personal History is also not displayed for me.
    I have an internet connection - because it gets information about TMDB movies.
    Previously, information about actors was displayed. I don't remember when I rarely used it.
    Maybe it's a firmware problem? I have 2.3.10