Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think it is.

Some 1080P projectors can do HDR and using the special BT2020 setting these work fine.
    Also found that the move from RTD1295 to RTD12896 for HDR also is essential.
    A movie like Passengers now gets the correct brightness (HDR now reacting to parameters as it should).

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  2. Goodmorning everyone,

I installed the version of Poster Wall 2.9.23 but, the posters no longer appear .........
    I have already tried to make a restore of the backup, I have tried to install an older version, nothing, I have tried to make a change of image, but it does not make me put it ...........

Has any of this happened to you too ??????

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Are your sources showing correctly on the "Sources" screen?

Where are your movies stored? In a network location or on a local drive?

4. Good morning,
    I apologize but I only read now ..........
    All the panels of the various films appear to me, with the title under the box but not the image of the covers of the same.

All contents and backups are in a Qnap NAS connected via a wired network with CAT 6 cable ........

As you updated the application, everything is fine, only with the latest occurrence of this problem.
    In addition, I tried to install the apk of a previous version but, it tells me that the file can be corrupt and not install it to me.

Thanks in advance...........

5. Markswift2003

It sounds like the location of the Poster Directory (in settings) has changed. Have a look to see if that's the case - I always use "Custom Directory".

For some reason HT2 does not allow update to previous versions, but you can revert to an earlier version like this:

This assumes you have a valid backup of the database.

1. Go to Apps and find the "Home Theatre 2.0" icon

2. Press <menu> and select "Uninstall"
    (this does not unistall HT2, it simply returns it to the factory version)

3. Once this process has finished, run HT2 and choose a fresh installation

4. Restore the HT2 database from your backup

5. You can now update to whichever version of HT2 you want.

I'm not sure what went wrong with your database - I have never experienced this problem, but this is the reason I always say backup your database, or make sure you already have a valid backup before updating.

andreamusso.am likes this.

6. Ok, thank you very much, I try to carry out the described procedure and then I will update you on the results.

As always thank you very much in advance ...........

7. Here I am
    I tried to do it all over again, resetting as instructed, then I made a backup of the library, I installed the latest version (the one that gave me problems), I restored the backup and it seems everything went well .. ........

Thank you so much for your valuable help, Andrea.

8. Markswift2003

Andrea, that's fantastic news

Mark

andreamusso.am likes this.
  9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Any new updates to H.T. V2 ?
    Im getting withdrawl symptoms now . ;)

10. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Just play a little bit with the new ZDMC-Release. But, one moment, i forgot, no new ZDMC for a ages from the glorious developers from the high-price-company Zidoo ... :rolleyes:

11. Markswift2003

No, it's been very quiet this week...

12. Markswift2003

Don't forget that ZDMC is now not officially supported - it was superceded by HT2.

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Has anybody come across small round blue icon with "?" in the middle on movie page beside two squares with movie versions "A", "B"?
    It opens up a pup up window with definitions for file naming for those A, B icons. I had my hopes up that this will be linked to trailers as it is showing Avatar(#Prevue).mkv. No joy :(
    I played with it a bit. No matter how I name the file Title(#Prevue).mkv or Title.Preview.mkv it only shows "Other" on the square and has nothing to do with auto trailers or trailer icon :(

This could be used to store own version of the trailer with "Other" on the square and it will play full screen using Zidoo hardware player.

IMG_E2349r.JPG

IMG_E2347r.JPG

14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

yes its been showing up for quite some time on HT many updates back id say ......

15. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

One moment. ZDMC is the official "Zidoo-fork" from Zidoo for their players. You can download it from their official homepage.

Let's have a look of the "achivements" of the brilliant developers from Zidoo in the last 6-9 month. Have they really made improvements to their firmware, HT, Musicplayer or whatevver? Small bugfixes, some small improvements nobody needs, Russian translations, but no further development of ZDMC, no really solution for their own-created usb3-issue and so on. Sorry, but it looks like they are sitting in their home office and just playing with their balls. A very unsatisfying situation for most of their customers.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Did you manage to get custom display to show "Trailer" from Title.(#Trailer).ext as per example?

17. catorcio

catorcio Member

Unfortunately! I still use ZDMC, many films are unwatchable with HT2 and with many the audio doesn't work

18. Markswift2003

ZDMC was deprecated in favour of HT2 in 2018.

Not sure how to make this any clearer, but HT2 took over from ZDMC.

19. Markswift2003

It's just a help icon explaining the naming protocol if you want to add, for example, extras, alternate versions etc, so you can rename the A/B/C... boxes to suit.

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I do too, I'm on ZDMC 17.6 and can't find any good reason to upgrade. I only use database for movie scraping. Zidoo player is my default player and on occasion I need to force Zidoo player over Kodi player. The only thing that plays using Kodi player are trailers. Newer version of ZDMC has more stuttering issues from what I know.