Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Guys, nothing wrong with few extra features. I would really like to get "slide info off the screen" to see clean artwork like the video above from Black Glass Nova skin.

Kodi is a different beast. Powerful, flexible with options to add skins, plugins, tuners, turn it into DVR and a lot of other things. It's also confusing for beginners to figure out where is what and how do you make if work for you. Hardware support for 3D, HDR and Atmos is another issue.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

We all need a rest at the weekend and time to watch movies ;)

akan7 likes this.
  3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I installed Kodi(ZDMC) but I don't understand why through SMB the Western Digital nas doesn't see me while HT2 sees it without problems .....
    With HT2, however, I continue to have the problem that does not put me the files that I recently added, any sort I try to put with the filters always makes me see the same and not the last, with the previous versions of HT2 instead it showed me quietly the last files added .....

Galactic likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

I take it you've seen the new sort order button:

SortOrder.png

5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Yes I saw it but it doesn't work ...... I'll try again later and I'll let you know

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If you create new storage drive or share and move files into it, it would show those files as new.
    If you move files around between existing locations "Modified Time" should work.

7. Osmar

Osmar New Member

Hello guys, I don't know, but after the last update of the Home theater, I can't download subtitles: the subtitle search failed. As I am in Brazil, I use it (Portugal Portuguese and Brazil Portuguese). Please help me

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You can try to reset or restore previous version of HT following @Markswift2003 steps from here.

Osmar likes this.
  9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

ZDMC (Kodi) is a bit confusing at beginning. It is written as multi platform app and a bit complex as such. It works, trust me.
    You probably need to setup your drives or shares in the ZDMC first.
    Go to Settings > File Manager > Add Source > Browse > Add Network Location.
    This is where you enter Server name no // or \\ and username pass if you need it. Don't bother with Shared folder at this point. When you click OK it should add this to your list in the previous window as smb://WDMYCLOUD/ or something similar. You could enter IP if you have difficulties but this would require static IP to be consistent.
    Click OK and name it like WD Drive or something similar.
    Now exit out of this to main menu. Go to Videos and select Files. Click on Add Videos > Browse. You should see the drive you created. Click on it and navigate to directory with your collection. Click OK, name it WD Movies or something and OK.
    Now you should get screen Set Content.
    Select This directory contains > Movies. Adjust options to your needs and OK. It should ask for scraping now and start process if you allow.
    Now at root menu of ZDMC you should see new icon Movies. This is where your scrapped collection is with posters, rating, artwork and synopsis.

Now looking at my instructions I see why everybody likes HT :)

Check Youtube videos if you get stuck.

10. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I am trying to insert the covers via browser from my PC but it does not load them, I choose the photo from the PC but the load does not remain, where am I wrong? The covers must have particular characteristics?
    Thanks

11. Same résultat for me. That's why I put the covers on the disk where are my movies & by the remote control - works fine.

12. Markswift2003

Yes, there does seem to be an issue from the web interface, but it works ok from the posterwall.

13. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

From the posterwall what does it mean from the remote control? From the web interface it would have been much more comfortable, I hope they fix this problem .....

14. WITH remote control from the posterwall. :)

15. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Sorry but I still don't understand .....

16. Markswift2003

Select the poster you want to change.

Press "Pop Menu"

Select "Change Image"

Select "+"

Navigate to where your image file is stored (either local, network or USB)

Select the file

17. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Yes, thanks, I understood that but it would be much more convenient to do it from the browser ...... I don't understand why it doesn't work.

18. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Not H.T.v2 related but apart from upping the brightness, contrast etc up
    [ Ive tried every possible setting on the Zidoo ]

When playing back a 4K Movie on a 1080p Monitor proff Plasma it play back darkened / no brightness / colour etc
    Is there any way of defeating this or live with it until i get a 4K Monitor screen

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is probably not 4K but HDR related. HDR => SDR is known not to be the best implementation.

DELUCAS likes this.
  20. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

im sure ive checked that a few times will try again

is there any way a firmware update that can address this or its a realtek chipset limitation .......
    As im slowly going 4K movies now ready when the right 4K Oled Monitor comes out or micro etc