Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I have several files between mkv and iso that the covers and textures are not recognized to me, in some there are the wrong ones and not the exact title, how can I manually insert exact covers and textures?
    Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Either long press on the cover you want to change or press "pop menu", and choose "Change Image" which will aloow you to change the poster and background image.

You can either choose other images online or choose one of your own.

If the title is completely wrong you can choose "Rematch"

You can also manually adjust these details in the web interface http://ip_address:9528

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Change the cover ok, I knew it but to change the plot?

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Below is an email I sent to Zidoo in January 2019 and another in March 2019 with my observations on HT2. Some have been addressed but most of the work seems to be aesthetic changes and not fixing some core issues. My main issues are over collection management and the random way it scrapes movies versus TV shows. Zidoo did respond to both emails but the issues are still there.

sojer2005 likes this.
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

They seem to be putting out small fixes every few days. I hope they are working as hard on next firmware!

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If you have a network connected drive, download and copy to that drive. Then using the Z9S media center app, browse to that drive and install that way.

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

No all my Movies are all installed internally via Samsung ssd so less chance of any playback issues or network issues
    So good old usb drive for the updates and another ......;)

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The only thing I use USB for is emergency ROM flashing to go back. Any APK or FW update is just like my movies and music copied to the player via SMB.

DELUCAS likes this.
  9. DELUCAS

Everyone has there way of doing things and i except that
    I just prefer to have least issues as possible i know my Movies stored will play regardless if the so called network goes down or a firmware update has caused a bug on the network side or.

My movie just play :)

10. Markswift2003

Yes, you can change the plot and other details in the web interface.

11. Markswift2003

1 - Fixed recently with the MOVIE category on the side pane.

2 & 3 - Yes, collection management is rather funky, but I think if you want to rename a collection you can create a new one named as you want and move movies into it. Bit long winded, but it can be done.

4 - Yes, codec info would be great but as I understand this is a more fundamental issue than you might expect - worth an email for v3 though ;)

5 - I suppose it's a trade off between providing information and keeping a tidy interface.

6 - Not something I've ever experienced and would assume that's a network issue rather than anything else.

TV scraping - I don't use TV series, so are you saying that if you add a new series or episode to a series, HT2 scrapes it with TMDB rather than TVDB and you need to manually correct afterwards?

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If we are making a wish list I'd like to add improvements to trailers.

1. Add your own trailer as #1 preferred Title.trailer.ext
    2. Ability to select source of trailers as Apple trailer next if local file not available.
    3. Keep going with other sources like Youtube for #2, #3 etc.
    4. Improve playback quality. Clicking on trailer icon should start full screen trailer using Zidoo hardware player if possible, not some other software player in pop up window.

I tested Apple trailers on Zidoo using Chrome browser from installed apps and navigating to http://www.hd-trailers.net/
    Apple trailers play better in Chrome full screen than trailers from HT pop up window.

Starting trailers from ZDMC using HD-Trailer plug in plays full screen using Kodi software player. Pretty good quality with only occasional skipped frame just like everything else using Kodi player.

Playback is absolutely flawless from RPi Kodi HD-Trailers plug in.

The player used in HT for trailers is some low performance software without support for hardware decoding from Realtek chipset.

13. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Upgraded to the latest version but don't like the whole floating title on the top. Is there a way to disable it?

For the time being, I will just go back to the other version... Zidoo, please try to implement features any features you like but give us an easy option to disable it if needed.

14. DELUCAS

Floating title on the top ?

you mean the name of movie to the left hand size That appears slowly ?

15. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I noticed that the "recently added" function is not working, if in the left column I select recently added it does not show me the latest files that I added to the library, can someone please check? Thanks

16. Markswift2003

I quite like that; I think it's a nice touch.

17. Markswift2003

Just added a new movie and recently added is still working.

I have noticed however, that the time period it works over seems to be very small and perhaps needs expanding a bit.

18. DELUCAS

Agree its a nice look

any reaon why the trailers are blurred / phased out to the left as its not really going any where near the Movie poster ?
    Can be more letterbox .

19. Markswift2003

The AutoTrailers are blurred to the left purely for aesthetics.

It's a look - I guess similar to the ClearLOGO - some will like it, some won't. Again, I quite like the look, and if you want to watch the trailer properly, you hit the button.

3DBuff likes this.
  20. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

It doesn't work for me, when I put "recently added" it always shows me the same and not the ones I added recently, it's a very convenient function for me and I don't know how to solve it .....