Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

option to turn off auto trailer in settings .

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I like trailers feature. Runs well on my X9S with last year firmware 2.1.28. You can disable auto play and don’t click on trailers icon.

Browsing posters, artwork, actors and trailers that’s what media player is all about. If I just wanted a movie I could connect hard drive to my tv and select it from rows of file names.

3. DELUCAS

Agree thats what makes using the Media box an experience and an enjoymnt so to speak
    Any addition providing does not stress it out is welcome .

now wheres that simple Video test sample pictures to quickly callibrate / check your system out .

4. catorcio

catorcio Member

I find home theater beautiful and unnecessary, in fact I prefer not to use it, the Zoom sucks ovalizes the image is unwatchable.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Why don't you download few of test images and save them conveniently in the root of "Pictures" folder in Zidoo as @Markswift2003 suggested? It will take only couple of clicks to get it on screen. I have it on my RPi / PJ combo and use it frequently. Not so much on Zidoo / TV set.

6. DELUCAS

i was just thinking of where the test sample photos are to adjust colour / brigtness settings just add one or two there thats it .

I have the Blu ray Spears & Munsil HD disc and have it installed on my Zidoo also

Was thinking if Zidoo added 2 test video callibration samples on the next firmware it would help a few out that never use it .
    Would be simple to add .
    Besides the “ Bitrate “ i have been requesting years back finally came and was a welcome addition .

3DBuff likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

At a very minimum you need to calibrate colour, black level, white level and gamma and to do that you need a colorimeter so if you're going to those lengths, inbuilt images just aren't going to cut it, especially with what's out there free of charge (Mehanik and AVS HD 709 to name two).

Sorry to be a naysayer.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  8. DELUCAS

im just talking about a very basic image test card ie like the bbc used to use years ago one in 1080p and in 4k
    A quick test card 4384CF43-0100-41D3-B6C1-8956F9344EBA.jpeg for a quick basic reference thats it .

would be a nice little touch along side zidoo other 3 x image samples that is already on the box .

9. Markswift2003

Well, yeah, it looks pretty, but you can't do anything with it except geometry maybe.

But to be fair, the old BBC one would be cool :D

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry to say so but these test images are from the second half last century and were designed to reveal flaws with tube TV's. As nice as they are these are hardly effective for testing todays LCD, QLED and OLED displays with. You want to see burn-in problems, dead pixels, color uniformity, micro dimming, UHD implementations, gamma settings, color palette etc on those. Not tube related image deformations, color shifts and PAL, NTSC, SECAM color related problems these pictures where designed for.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    3DBuff likes this.
  11. DELUCAS

Note the image was just grabbed as an example !

12. am2

am2 New Member

I have been updating the HT to the versions that appear here. But in "About" it indicates that it is 2.9.9 since I installed this version, then I have installed 2.9.11 and 2.9.18. I have tried to turn off the Zidoo completely, reinstall several times, clear the cache, but it keeps telling me that it is version 2.9.9.

If someone has a version later than 2.9.9 can you tell me which version appears in "About", thanks.

Unfortunately I have firmware 2.3.17 installed, I don't know if this may have something to do with the problem.

13. Markswift2003

Try this:

Make a backup of your database and note your settings - poster size, wallpaper etc

Goto "Apps" and delete HT2 - this doesn't actually delete, it just reverts to factory HT2

When you first run factory HT2, it will ask whether to restore settings not - I'd start from scratch since you have the backup.

Restore your previously noted settings then update with the latest HT2 and restore the database.

Hopefully that will sort it....

am2 likes this.
  14. am2

am2 New Member

Thank you very much @Markswift2003. Following your steps is already working, it took me 2 minutes.

Something must have been wrongly installed, I don't know if it was really running with version 2.9.9 or version 2.9.18. But now indicate the correct version.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. am2

am2 New Member

I forgot to indicate that this time I have installed version 2.9.18 from the file explorer instead of from the application installer. I do not know if this has any importance.

16. Good morning, I apologize for the intrusion but, only the disks would be useless without a software (for example HCFR which is free) and without the necessary skills to bring calibrate with a colorimetric probe ....
    Sorry again, Andrea,

17. Markswift2003

HT v2.9.19

https://mega.nz/#!VKITWSbK!iOyQAxVpFX-eBzD4IvqySuB2RLCYPECL_e7kJB5yuAU

Resolved NULL names appearing in some episode matches
    Solve episodes that occasionally appear one episode at a time
    Sort increase to change ascending and descending order
    Addressed an issue where episode zero may appear in the episode and the title is not displayed

18. Markswift2003

That's how I always install too - much easier.

am2 likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That is what I do too. ;)

Thanks for your daily update of HT2. :D

Markswift2003 likes this.
  20. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Two failure for HT v2.9.19

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]