Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just to add Contact still dont play and many or most Old movies Classic ones dont .

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think the issue of some trailers not playing is related to stream format. The quality is low (resolution and stuttering) and it doesn’t look like they use Zidoo hardware player. Maybe it can only be used full screen and not suitable for live streaming. Whatever software player used it is limited to selective video streams only.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

ZDMC users Kodi native player only for trailers and they are full screen. It plays all trailers sometimes not even related to the movie ;)

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

In all the non working trailers I've found, HT2 obviously finds the file ok on YouTube since the filename shows at the top.

I've downloaded several working and none working trailers from YouTube and looked in MediaInfo but there's no obvious pattern to why the ones that don't play won't work.

They all have the same codec, frame rates vary but there's no pattern, aspect ratios and resolution varies but again no pattern.

5. DELUCAS

Im not moaning im delighted that it has an option for trailers and helps some people to remind them of the movie if they have seen it or not .
    I know someone it aids .

Tested on Z10 not that it makes a diff .

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  6. Markswift2003

There is an improvement though - most movies have more than one trailer and if the first trailer fails, it moves and attempts to play the next one in both preview and picture in picture.

I've only found one movie so far where none of the trailers play and that's Hulk.

On the older movies you have, does the trailer screen bring up filenames at the top - ie, does YouTube have trailers for them?

7. DELUCAS

at work will do more testing tonight .

8. Markswift2003

Online streams use either NuPlayer or Native player, but swapping player makes no difference.

9. Markswift2003

Cool

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Youtube has multiple versions of the same file. Player must request correct version based on compatibility and bandwidth. How do you know if the version you downloaded is the same version Zidoo is trying to play?

Most of the trailers from Youtube are low or bad quality. We need better source like Apple trailers or ability to download your own. Apple trailers play in HD without a glitch from RPi -> Kodi -> HD-Trailers plugin. The plug in app is bad. No search function, no posters and very limited compared to Internet Browser.

Note: Kodi plays trailers again without generating your own API keys from Youtube.

11. Markswift2003

Indeed - but with all the trailers I looked which contain either webm VP9/Opus files or mp4 H264/AAC files there just seems to be no pattern as to why one would play and one would not.

I assume (but don't know for sure) that the Zidoo chooses an H264 stream.

Seem to remember reading somewhere that it doesn't like vp9, but that was locally, not using the stream players.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It must be an issue with the player Zidoo is using for trailers. All trailers play OK from ZDMC using Kodi native player.

13. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Next try - 2.9.18 was released ...

14. Markswift2003

15. Markswift2003

Changed the name of the thread otherwise everyone would have to buy super wide monitors at this rate!

Current version is posted on the first page too.

16. Schumy

Schumy Member

What has been changed in this version? I installed 2.9.17 just few hours ago... :(

Personally I would prefer Zidoo spends its resources on fixing firmware 2.3.15, as it just causes too frequent freezing of the machine (2-3 times tonight) or making HT display info of the movie files based on MediaInfo instead of the file name (which is often inaccurate).

17. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I am glad someone started a thread just for the updates...

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Since trailers are working again in Kodi and ZDMC I tested few comparing to HT 2.9.18.
    ZDMC plays all trailers, playback is a bit better but still occasional stutter. No option for trailer 2, 3...
    Selection is probably better from HT. Blade Runner has interview with Harrison Ford instead to actual trailer in ZDMC ;)

19. DELUCAS

Updated : Contact still dont play ?
    And Blade runner does both of them .

and still many older movies / Classics dont which do have trailers on you tube .

keep up the good work . :)

we will get to H.T.V3

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think Zidoo wants to get this trailer feature in a quality state for the upcoming FW update?
    Probably one engineer is working on this specifically and he (or she) found a way to get the changes made tested quicker this way.

For me it is a nice bonus feature but definitely not essential. As it may have negative side effects on stability (some versions showed these) I would like to see an option to turn it off altogether.

An update to FW 2.3.15 is taking very long time indeed. Running FW 2.3.10 myself currently and that one isn't really stable either.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020