Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So I did a factory reset from the settings menu (no messing with firmware).

I then restored HT2 from a backup I took before testing the trailer versions

Then updated to v2.9.6 and every trailer except the crashing ones worked.

That was yesterday and I thought I'd cracked it - it's only today when I tried to play the same trailers I realised what was happening.

On earlier versions, before this beta was public, a good percentage of the trailers didn't work from the outset, so that's what's probably confused the issue for me.

And the X9S is following the same principal - I had all trailers working on that initially, but now they're dropping after playing the same as the Z9S.

One problem I have is I am on a fixed IP so I can't grab another IP address to see if it is indeed blocked server side by IP.

So yes, I'm thinking API or cache issues - mind you, the time delay to blocking probably eliminates cache issues too...

2. Markswift2003

Tomorrow (it's getting late here!) I'm going to figure out exactly what resets it - whether it's a factory reset of HT2, a restore of pre-trailer HT2 or both...

3DBuff likes this.
  3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

V2.9.9 - Blade Runner, no preview trailer since I played it yesterday and if I click on icon the new message trailer failed to play. No crash.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I ruled out IP issue.
    Unplugged the Gigabit cable from my Zidoo and connected WiFi antennas. Next personal hotspot from my phone ;)
    New IP same BS. Old used trailers don't work. New ones are OK. In multiple trailers 2 and 3 play if only 1 was used before.

5. Schumy

Schumy Member

Can the trailer function be completely disabled and if so what is the main improvement of 2.9.x over 2.6.x? I only add movies that I have already known/watched into my HT collection, so the trailer function is of no use to me at all.

6. woody

woody Member

I suppose the latest home theatre version updates would be bundled in the next firmware update?

So far never installed any App separately on Zidoo Z9S.

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just to confirm as well trailers have stopped working on mine to
    But worked previous day as such .

Not down to traffic being held back as such ? ( You tube has reduced to Sd now )
    But still would receive it though ........mmm

8. Markswift2003

9. Markswift2003

Yes, you can disable autoplay in preferences.

Each iteration of HT2 improves scraping and database handling, so it's worth keeping up to date.

The last couple of versions have seen improvements to poster clarity, TV series, scraping accuracy and a issue where scans loop plus a nice movie logo refinement to the info page.

10. Markswift2003

I'd assume so, but it's easy to update using the apk - quickest way is to copy it to a USB stick and just click on it.

Galactic likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Is it possible to get an APK update for Zidoo_Music too? :rolleyes:
    Image_Player could get a boost too as it now literally does nothing at all anymore.

As it takes a long time for get a total FW update this is a good alternative for developing the individual Zidoo APP's. :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Юрий Гандев likes this.
  12. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Question, by installing the app HT 2.9.11 , the database of the films is deleted and remains current ?

13. Markswift2003

It will just install over the existing app and the database will stay intact.

BUT, always, always, backup your database first just in case - it only takes a few seconds.

One thing to note is that, like the firmware revisions, you can't revert to an earlier version of HT2 by just installing over a later version. You have to "delete" the app which actually reverts to the factory version.

This then allows you to restore the database too, but again, if you do that, make a backup first.

3DBuff likes this.
  14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Trailer function is really nice. It just adds to the whole media player experience similar to Netflix when you browse movie titles. In general I try not to watch complete trailer before movie. Quite often trailer spoils the movie. I watch trailers of the previous movie part before watching next part specially after couple of years between parts.

I would opt for high quality trailers even it this means keeping your own trailers and only searching net when not available.

15. Markswift2003

It's something I asked about in July last year and it certainly adds a new dimension - I often use trailers to choose a movie to watch so it's great to be able to do it from the Zidoo interface.

Yes - the ability to add your own trailer in the movie folder - say movieName.trailer.mkv for example and have that play by preference would be nice.

3DBuff likes this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Second to that. Your own trailer high quality as primary for auto-play and number 1 if available. 2 and 3 in the list from the net.

17. Schumy

Schumy Member

Thanks guys, I actually have a database related Q and hope you can chime in - I want to move some movies files to a new harddisk, so the "source" locations (at least the hard drive letter, and probably the folder name/path too) in HT2 will change. Is there any way to back up and restore the data base settings (match info, collection info, movie poster images etc) in this case? Or new matching will be required as a result of the change of source (drive/folder names)?

Many thanks

18. Markswift2003

I'd say you'll have to rematch the ones you move. Other than a deep dive with SQL, I can't think of another way to do that.

19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

I asked ages back when the X10 first came out ............
    When on The Movie wallpaper while hovering on each Movie poster the movie will partially play excerpts from the movie from your stored collection .
    But id imagine may take up to much resources etc

20. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

I don't play trailers at all. It does not automatically play, and if I want to start manually it only shows a window with information in some incomprehensible language.
    In addition, there is probably an error in the settings. I have (theoretically) set to read only from nfo files and local graphics but in practice it retrieves information from Tmdb. Half the graphics are also missing.
    At the moment I have version 2.9.11 but the same was in 2.9.6