New firmware v2.3.17 Beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by pavlin67, Mar 4, 2020.

1. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Don't install this. It is a step back for almost anything (except playing Pixar Animations).
    It was pulled back by Zidoo on this forum.

Went back to FW 2.3.10 myself.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    xskip likes this.
  3. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

Why do people come here to post bad firmware that "Zidoo" deleted ??? :mad:

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Can't the mods delete posts like this? I'm sure the OP was trying to be helpful but 2.2.17 is a hot mess and should be avoided at all costs.

Derek Watson likes this.
  5. Derek Watson

Derek Watson New Member

Mods - please take this down. Another poster has just posted on AVS forum, directing users to this firmware.

6. steve pizzuto

steve pizzuto New Member

damnit.i all ready installled 2.3.17

7. Kalashnikova1947

Kalashnikova1947 New Member

Could you please tell me how did you go back to FW 2.3.10? I couldn't.

8. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

I do not understand the hysteria. FW 2.3.17 works fine to me. With all other versions i had more issues than with this one. By the way the info that this firmware was called back is not true. It was officially posted form Zidoo on their telegram channel.

Here the last official versions:

upload_2020-4-25_15-55-49.png

9. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To clarify, as @Nice Monkey said, v2.3.17 was released as a public beta and then almost immediately withdrawn by Zidoo due to issues reported.

11. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

To clarify, on the official Telegram account it was never called back and till today Nice Monkey could not bring a proof for his statement!

@Markswift2003 Maybe you can deliver.

@VANLUC

That the homepage is incomplete and a lot of versions (firmware, poster...) are missing is known. Zidoo itself sends new things about an official telegram account.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

v2.3.10 is the current Release version.
    v2.3.15 is the current public beta.

13. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@VANLUC

You can think what you want. 2.3.17 was released by Zidoo on their official telegram account (posting 8) and not called back there. And i trust the manufacturer more than two fanboys who can not proove their claim.
    Have a look yourself at https://t.me/ZidooNews!

By the way, why this confusion? It's another example for the bad work of Zidoo. No good sorted download base with clear differentiation between Final and Beta firmwares.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  14. catorcio

catorcio Member

I on the Z10 I installed 2.3.17 does not seem worse than the previous ones.

ThomasP likes this.
  15. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

beta or production release, whats the urgency to upgrade anyway? unless there is a feature / bug fix that u need...

ThomasP likes this.
  16. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

You are right. And to me 2.3.17 was the first firmware which solved most of my usb3-freezes.

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The only thing I will say to this: Yes Zidoo is a bit messy with FW updates and announcements on various sources (Home page, Zidoo Forum, Facebook, Telegram). They definitely are not synchronised. Any references to FW's by me are solely based on the official Zidoo Home Page and this forum.

I don't understand what media players have with Russia exactly. Both Zidoo and Dune seem to have a strong relation with it (sales market?).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  18. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

fair enough. i myself live quite happily on usb2 and smb

19. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Hacking, Downloads and communism;)