New firmware v2.3.15_G(built-in google play) BETA version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by zidoo, Jan 17, 2020.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Done a factory reset - I'll see how it goes

Edit: Still problems - may go back to 2.2.96

Edit2: reverted back to 2.2.96. However you won't be able to restore a Ht2 backup taken from latest firmware

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. thrang

thrang Member

The download keeps failing at a little more than a 1/2 way through = any other download locations?

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The download for 1.7.8?

4. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Anyone with this firmware have problems with Dolby Atmos? I have a movie with Dolby Atmos track but it is sent to the HT preamplifier like Dolby True-HD, do I have to change some settings or is it a bug?
    Thank you

5. callanish1

callanish1 New Member

Rather sorry I installed 2.3.15 Beta. I, like a lot of people, started experiencing problems with playing MKV files. So, after a few weeks of running the beta, I decided to pull the plug and revert back to the latest non-beta firmware. A big thanks to Mark Swift with his instructions for a full reset back to 1.7.8 and then a further firmware upgrade. I originally started with 2.2.96 because Mark said it was the most stable firmware for MKV files. Problem was for the life of me, I couldn't get it to match any movies after scanning. It wouldn't recognize any of them through matching in order to create a poster and the movie info. Used my backup drive as well to see if something was corrupt. Same problem. Couldn't restore the backup I did either from the beta firmware to the older firmware, so I just had to upgrade the firmware to 2.3.10, which did solve the matching issue, but unfortunately I came across another problem. I've got certain movie titles that should be in a collection, but the Zidoo matching put them on their own separately. When I click on the title and choose the option add to collection, there's nothing there to add it to. I've got a bunch of movies that are correctly in their collections, but nothing shows up under adding to a new collection. Just the + to collection option. So, I'd need to add the movie to a blank collection, rather than add it to an existing one. Not quite sure how to solve this, but I'm not going to deal with any more beta's as it was more effort than I planned in getting my collection back to where it was before I did this full reset.

6. karipu

karipu Member

Exactly! I've been waiting a long time a fix for this annoyance.

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes, this release is a real lemon. They should go back a couple of point releases ad start again.

BTW is now the 18th Feb but the holiday banner (expired on 15th) is still up. Probably scared to come back to work based on problems!

8. apache

apache New Member

I'm believe most probably the staffs are still quarantine at home due to the COVID-19 virus.

pcristi and DELUCAS like this.
  9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Good point!

10. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

And what ca a developer do at home? Developing, Bug Fixing ...

Sorry but the virus is just an excuse. Some players have issues which are more than 12 month old.

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Added also my "DVD player related inconveniences" to the list.
    None of these items are new or introduced with recent FW's and most likely present in all current FW versions for all platforms. They are all DVD playback specific and most are related to the DVD Menu processing.

Swedish and Swahili got mixed up for subtitles (unless they started to speak Swahili now in Scandinavia).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I went back to 2.2.96 but still having drop outs. Not a cable issue as tried cable on my Dune and no issues with same file. I get a momentary drop out of sound and picture.

Will wait for next firmware and do a full factory reset

13. thrang

thrang Member

I'm, also getting audio dropouts on bit-perfect ISO files ripped via the latest version of AnyDVD HD from UHD's I own...not frequent nor repeatable, but there. Video plays uninterrupted.

Zidoo, please get these audio drop issues fixed...not good

14. Siju Thomas

Siju Thomas New Member

Where is 2.3.17 available?

15. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I put version 2.3.17 yesterday but I can no longer find it here on the site, where is it located?
    However I had the problem with the dolby atmos tracks that are sent to the preamplifier as dolby true-hd 7.1 and the problem remained ......
    I also wanted to point out that the menus in Italian are not translated well, practically nothing is understood, they are a little in English and a little in Italian ......

16. Nice Monkey

I think it was withdrawn for good reasons. They just wanted to know if seamless branching problem was solved with it, the answer clearly being no.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  17. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

But now that I put it, will I have problems? Do you recommend going back to 2.3.15 or can I leave this?
    Thank you

18. Nice Monkey

if you really don't like it you have to go back via an Emergency Rom flash procedure. If not you can wait for the next update.
    I am doing the later myself.

19. Siju Thomas

Siju Thomas New Member

I’m keeping the 2.3.17 , don’t want to risk the restore process , I’ve experienced some slowdowns on 2.3.17 in the os compared to 2.3.15 , will wait for the update . My shield pro 2019 is doing well with most of my media so not very worried .

20. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Please tell me how to go back to 2.3.15, with this firmware all ISO bluray files have no synchronized audio and video ..... can't I download 2.3.15 and load it normally? Please because this is very annoying ......