New FW (2.3.10) not working well on USB Audio Pro (USB output)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by dkychn, Jan 17, 2020.

1. dkychn

dkychn New Member

I upgraded the new FW (2.3.10) and fine it not working with USB Audio Pro very well as it caused it either no sound or can't find the DAC. Hope the newer version of FW will be coming soon and this issue could be resolved..,..

2. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

You can settings it.
    Settings-auido settings-usb auido.
    you can close it.
    thanks

3. dkychn

dkychn New Member

Hi Bob,

You mean I close the USB Audio setting could resolve USB issue? I tried it but does not work!! Would you help to find another alternative?

Thanks,

4. bob

Sorry.Do you need DAC and USB Audio Pro to make sound together?
    thanks

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It would make a big difference indeed if they could work together. I am very interested in the answer too. USB Audio Player Pro is very advanced and also has very steady development and support (as is for smartphones only).

Special for UHD2000 (Internal USB Interface) as I have my doubts it can made to work with X20 Pro (I2S Interface). For Zidoo X this question is very valid too as most features planned for it are already available today using this APP making it a good interim solution (could even be sold bundled with it).

Also the question what is the Audio Setting "USB Audio" meant for? How and when to use it?
    It says it requires a reboot to work which I obviously did several times. Tried it using a generic ESS9038+XMOS based USB DAC connected to the player but it does nothing for me. The setup works with above mentioned USB Audio Player PRO but as some touch sensitive screen areas are not accessible using a IR remote control it is functionally limited somewhat (works fully only using a pointer mouse).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. dkychn

dkychn New Member

Hi Bob,

I had installed USB Audio Pro and connect to my external DAC. It was working fine on previous version of firmware. Please help to release newer version of firmware for remediation.

It will be great if you could fix music player also as it have "clip" sound when you change the song.

Thanks!!

7. bob

OK,if you pay dts format music ,your USB Audio Pro is play nomal?
    HDMI audio settings to: Raw
    please try it.
    thanks

8. dkychn

dkychn New Member

Hi Bob,

I only play WAV files and using USB cable to connect my external DAC and X20 Pro. Anything was fine until I updated the latest firmware. I tried and tested anything I could but unfortunately I can't make it work again after firmware update. Please help to release new firmware to remediate those issues.

Thanks!

9. dkychn

dkychn New Member

I found the main issues of FW 2.3.10 are below:

It makes USB Audio Pro could be recognize my external DAC or no sound output.
    "Clip" sounds try to kill my speakers when I change the song from build in music player

Enhancement:

It will be very great if build-in music player also support USB output (suppose...) as it could be control from apps.

Thanks!!

10. Nice Monkey

@bob
    USB Audio Player PRO is functionally very advanced but DTS-CD is not supported by it. It will produce noise only. :(
    Only Music Player 5 supports DTS-CD. :)
    Not a real problem as one normally wants MCH Audio with DTS-CD not just Stereo. External USB DAC's are mostly 2CH only with very rare exceptions.

@dkychn
    How do you control USB Audio Player PRO? The Zidoo IR/BT standard remote controls unfortunately miss mouse functions totally.
    I am running the latest FW v2.3.15_G on my Z9S and USB Audio Player PRO still works well with it. But that FW is one version newer.
    You re-installed GAPP's as required?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  11. dkychn

dkychn New Member

Dear Brother Nice Monkey,

I should say "Thank you" to you first as I'm suck on how to bring the USB audio out working until I saw your post here. Thanks again!!

Back to your question, I could only control USB Audio Player Pro on remote control with TV :( ( I few stupid as I need to keep my TV "On" to listen music :p)
    The remote apps only allow you to launch the apps but can't control functions inside the apps. So it will be great if "build-in" Music Player could support USB audio out as well.

I need to reinstall GAPP for every firmware update.....

Cheers :)

12. Nice Monkey

I expect Zidoo to bundle GAPPs in future releases. The test with Z9S doing so seems quite successful to me.

Probably it will be included for all platforms for the next release. Maybe the procedure is made smarter and it will be installed automatically only if already present? I don't know if its presence is essential or not, just have the impression it is today.

13. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

If I was to install the latest kodi and forget about zbmc, would i be able to use usb audio pro as the primary source instead of the android as being the default player? Thankyou .

14. dkychn

dkychn New Member

Hi Bob,

When will be launch new firmware to fix all the issue?

Thanks,

15. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

Ciao, possiedo uno Zidoo X20 e ho seguito passo passo la guida all'impostazione dei parametri per ottenere la migliore qualità audio. Sfortunatamente, la riproduzione della musica flac è ugualmente di bassa qualità. Il lettore Zidoo è collegato a un amplificatore Cambridge Audio 751r tramite HDMI, uscita solo audio. Il confronto in riproduzione, con la stessa traccia audio FLAC 24/192 e un CD audio è nettamente inferiore sullo Zidoo. Ho anche provato file flac a risoluzione inferiore e stranamente l'audio è migliore con un file flac a 16 bit da 44,1 kHz rispetto a un file flac a 192 kHz a 24 bit.
    Ho anche tentato di utilizzare il Cambridge Audio 751r come un dac esterno, poiché ha un ingresso USB dedicato. Sfortunatamente non ho ricevuto alcuna uscita audio, nemmeno installando l'applicazione USB audio pro su Zidoo X20.
    Chiedo aiuto. Vorrei ottenere la migliore qualità audio nella riproduzione musicale e persino nei film 4K