Roon support

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by yymatch, Feb 6, 2020.

1. yymatch

yymatch New Member

I recently bought UHD2000 and it will be really helpful to make it roon ready.

Right now, I just install Roon remote on the box but it only use defaullt Android stuff so it won't take advantage of those hardware inside.

Any timeline on integrating with Roon?

2. kgbecker

kgbecker New Member

I second this request, also trying Roon on the UHD2000, but it cannot take advantage of the DAC capabilities (higher bitrate and DSD) .
    It appears with OpenSL ES it is limited to 48khz PCM and does not support native DSD.
    Would be really nice to see this working.

Attached Files:

Osmar likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Somebody tried other APP's with External USB DAC support. The question is if these do find also the Internal USB port the DAC is connected to.
    USB Audio Player Pro, Onkyo HT Player or Hibby Music. These APP's do all work with an External USB DAC including native DSD (DoP).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  4. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

We are doing research on roon.
    ;)

5. Fapaci

Fapaci New Member

I've got a newsletter from Roon:

"Starting September 21st, Roon Ready devices that are uncertified will no longer have the ability to be enabled on the Audio Settings screen. When this change is made, uncertified devices will be discoverable, but cannot be Enabled for use with Roon."

Maybe we can't use UHD2000 with Roon in the future? I will be very sad in this case.

6. Foort

Foort New Member

I subscribe to this question. When is Roon Ready? From February, however, it is decided quickly. Don't let your company doubt it.

Osmar likes this.