New firmware v1.0.38 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jun 3, 2016.

1. cobra78

cobra78 Member

For users that have an airmouse or bluetooth keyboard remote, you can press the letter 'z' while a video is playing in ZDMC to change the zoom aspect ratio.
    It comes in handy for live streaming and IPTV that are sometimes in weird resolutions and you don't won't to watch a 4:3 aspect ratio stream or you want to make a 19:6 or 21:9 aspect ratio stream zoom differently.

BowWow1954 likes this.
  2. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Have you tried to open that site in Chrome?

3. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

ZIDOO???

Anton Bernd likes this.
  4. cobra78

cobra78 Member

It's not a bug or a feature.
    Kodi has been in the Play Store for several months.
    It might be that the Google apps including Play Store apps have been updated in the new firmware and now it shows more apps available including Kodi.

5. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

cobra thats not the problem:
    i have here an x6 with 1.0.36 and kodi is NOT shown in GOOGLE PLAY - never - even not now! - so not for months :)
    i have here an updated x6 with 1.0.38 and kodi IS shown in GOOGLE PLAY
    i woud like to have an official answer from ZIDOO
    oki?

Anton Bernd likes this.
  6. Fzrkev

Fzrkev New Member

Is this any nearer to being pushed ota?

7. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

@grummel2005 Just for comparison to see if it was a common problem, I tested to see if I could replicate your issue. I couldn't. I tested an X6 with .36 and an X6 with .38, Kodi was available on both of them in the Google Play Store.

8. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

@freeroc, I'd like to know this too. Now that you have pushed the ZDMC aspect ratio fix, .38 is working very well for me at least. Any chance of it being made OTA?

9. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

I have to provide some update about my audio & video sync issues.
    Together with Zidoo we have made some settings adjustment in ZDMC that resulted in good working MKV, BR-ISO & BR-Folder playback. The big "sync" issues are gone so it seems.
    However, DVD-ISO / DVD-FOLDER (TS_VIDEO) playback is seriously whacked in this released, cant't play any of these anymore, even ZDMC crashed somethimes & quits back to Android.

Ok, some settings on ZDMC :

- Set GUI sounds to never/off
    - Auto refresh rate switching to on
    - Set pause duration to 5 seconds for auto refresh rate switching, can also try 6-10 seconds
    - Keep audio device alive to never

From what read, when in Pass-through you can't have any other sounds interfering like GUI sounds.
    The setting pause during refresh rate switching is the main fix, sure it takes a few seconds more before picture is show, but all stuff seems in sync for MKV,BR-ISO,BR-FOLDER

So yeah, please check your settings and apply accordingly.

hisound and bigpoppapaul like this.
  10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I also have the refresh set to 5 seconds. yes. it does seem to help. but not all the time. some videos still go out of sync. usually a complete restart of zdmc will fix the problem for some time.

11. Dagalis

Dagalis New Member

Yes.I have exactly the same problem and additional some times it happens after boot.Its pity for such a well known air mouse to be incompatible with zidoo x6 pro.Any instructions from software engineers?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  12. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I have another wireless remote I'm using (if needed) with my X6, is a Rii Mini i24 airmouse, using the proprietary provided dongle.
    Dongle is connected to a powered USB hub, that is then connected to the non OTG USB port of X6.
    No drivers needed, neither any app.
    Never had a single disconnection.
    Is much more reliable then the IR (but I'm going to solve this occasional issue)
    Do Mele F10 Pro needs something installed on X6 to work?

ReneVeen57 likes this.
  13. Dagalis

Dagalis New Member

Thank you for the quick reply
    Mele doesn't need any additional driver or app.Its plug and play.I just want to mention that I plugged the dongle into a passive USB hub (no powered ) which is connected to the OTG.It may be the problem??

14. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't know.
    I choosed a active HUB to avoid any problem with USB device that needs power from USB, and I'm sure is a preferred choice.
    Then, I prefer to keep USB OTG port free in the event of an actual need of this kind of port.
    The strange thing is that USB pendrive, USB webcam and external USB DVD/BR drive connected to this active USB HUB are (more or less, DVD and BR drive are still not well handled) seen by X6.

Maybe someone more skilled the me on USB could explain better what and why...

15. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

Hi, indeed so I did a test over a LONGER TIME and indeed there is slight "drift" away audio <> video sync.
    Sure, my test-samples are short and everything, but that is not really reality...

16. papirus

papirus Member

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sometime. the out of sync is so bad. i get like 5 seconds out of sync in the first 5 minutes of video, only a zdmc reboot fixes it. Also fast forword or pause will make the video back in sync with audio most of the time. unless it the 5 seconds in 5 minutes bug. witch will start getting out of sync in the first seconds of resume

18. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Does it make a difference if you set 'Keep audio device alive' to 'never' or 'always' in ZDMC Settings?

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i had that option on for 1 minute. will do some test now :) but probably not

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Ok. so after some intensive testing. i decided to do a cleanup of zdmc ( clear data ) and redo most of my settings. ( also had some problems with aspect ration/zoom in shows, with was fixed in last zdmc ) I started with a video calibration. standard settings are so fucked op on my tv. ( 27" 1080p ), like 5-6 % of the picture was offscreen
    i did all my old settings. 5 sec pause for autorefresh. autorefresh on start/stop . etc. Tested on some tv shows. Its allot better. like 90% better. I still have all the kodi standard codec's on. I will turn them off and see if i have any improvements

Also. if the devs are watching this thread .
    does zdmc refresh rate switches to 24 fps or it can do the 23.976 FPS ?
    I see kodi has a option that disappears once you turn on RK specific settings. called : sync playback to display that suppose to help with the 23.97/24 FPS problem
    also the "info" screen that shows the video info like codec and FPS does not work with RK specific settings. its just not there. Can we get that back ? ( http://i.imgur.com/J4RxA8C.png?1 thisone ) there is allot of info there that can help debug this problem faster
    P.S. you can also see in that picture that kodi is speeding up the video ( 1 % ) to get it with no errors. thats the "sync playback to display" option that we can't see if zdmc is doing. because no info screen

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016