Z9s Firmware 2.3.3

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by leonkoum, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@talkron You just need a standard USB Drive (Flash Disk ) nothing fancy or special. The old smaller USB2 versions will do just fine. Format it FAT32 in a PC and you are ready to go.

Zidoo FW's don't allow downgrades just upgrades (not to my liking) . The only way to go back is doing an Emergency Flash which has a different procedure following pressing the reset PIN during power-on. Procedure with detailed instructions can be found here too.

2. Tonyj

Tonyj New Member

Has anyone had usb 3 dropping on this firmware? it’s happened once to me had to reboot to get the drive back, only once so far so treating it as just a one off. Here’s hoping..

3. xskip

xskip Active Member

will skip this beta...
    today from zidoo fb messenger: "new firmware will be available soon, pls keep an eye on Zidoo official forum."

4. Nice Monkey

@ferry @x9suser Actually found the Zoom Feature: Aspect Ratio ==> Zoom ==> 2.35 Cropping or 2.35 Stretching
    This for those guys and dolls wanting to get rid of black bars. Not my thing but some were really begging for it. So some must be very happy with it now.

Added it to my overview of observations =reply #2.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  5. x9suser

x9suser Member

It is just changing the aspect ratio, not really a pure zoom feature. They should have just labeled it as such instead of zoom.

6. Nice Monkey

You have a valid point here. I personally would have them added directly as 2 extra choices under Aspect Ratio. ZOOM suggests amplifying a picture with the option to select the area being amplified.

Nevertheless it is a nice feature working as advertised and appreciated by many. Personally don't like deforming the picture (stretching) or cutting parts (cropping) of the original image and take those black bars for granted.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    xskip likes this.
  7. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

'Bit rate 160Mb/s' ?? :eek:
    I think something here is wrong...:(
    [​IMG]
    Movie is "Joker.2019.2160p.UHD.BluRay.X265.10bit.HDR.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos"

8. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Does your Z9S has Internet access?

9. x9suser

x9suser Member

Sorry , a bit blur.

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

I thought the new firmware addressed this bit rate issue ?

11. talkron

talkron New Member

Thanks for advice. I don´t know that, i will try flash it ...but after the holidays :) (dont wana risk frozen player now) ...i have only old usb2 4GB one, is that enough?

12. Nice Monkey

Used a 2GByte stick myself.

@DELUCAS @leonkoum
    Not confirmed: Playing that same movie in UHD+HDR with Atmos sound mine says 62,3 Mb/s

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

so wish they would release on the Z10 for me to test grrrrrr
    But no doubt will be soon .

14. Nice Monkey

Curious detail for the ZOOM realisation for Aspect Ratio: In fact the 2 choices were swapped (the Cropping setting does stretching and the Stretching setting does cropping). But the important thing they both do work.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  15. Nice Monkey

It is still mandatory to re-install GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.4.apk
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...bsolutely-mandatory-to-be-re-installed.50600/
    Despite I warned for this myself, I once again forgot to do so myself initially. :mad:

Not doing so you will run into several problems (above all using Music Player 5.0):
    - Eject is not available anymore. Simply does not pop-up anymore going left. In fact it may come after a very long time.
    - MCH FLAC comes out now as 2CH PCM only.
    - MCH ISO-SACD still produces very distorted sound also for the 2CH track.
    After re-installing as needed it turns out to be a very good and stable FW version to me! Absolutely the best thus far.

@leonkoum I suggest you to add a link and the recommendation to install to the original post.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  16. Merrin

Merrin New Member

Don't use this 2.3.3, it's a terrible update - Google Playstore no longer opens, and the Google Framework Service keeps crashing. Reinstalling the APKs, including Gapps, doesn't fix anything, plus the player claims that the previously used Services APK, which correctly installed for 2.2.96, is now "corrupt". The player becomes unusable with this new bad firmware.

xskip likes this.
  17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

For me, v2.3.3 is working properly for now..o_O

18. Nice Monkey

Yes the Google implementation with Zidoo is troublesome but not just for this FW. Seen exactly that behaviour before. The FW itself is good but the update procedure definitely not when using Google Play Store and Services.

Your Google stuff must have become corrupted. Uninstall all APK's above all Google, check that they are really gone. Re-boot and next re-install them.
    If that fails again next try a factory reset and repeat the above.
    If even that does not work an emergency ROM restore is needed to get it all back working. This will require next an update to the FW level of choice and finally a re-install of everything added/modified.

I thought Seamless Branching was the biggest pending problem after USB3 but now I feel it actually is Google Play Store and Services.
    An up-to-date FW 2.3.7 (or newer) ROM image should asap be released by Zidoo for recovery purposes for those running into more serious troubles here.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019