New firmware v1.0.38 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Actually, it's very easy. You can provide only small part, split with mkvmerge

2. Elrobbie

Elrobbie New Member

Just updated last night to this new firmware and the new zdmc 16.1 now my box keeps closing zdmc or spmc when im trying to use them. It will donit if im olaying some content or just browsing thru. Really unhappy right now

3. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

OK, I'll try give it a go today with mkvmerge and some split timecode options and make it downloadable.
    Stay tuned...

4. Sajid Surury

Sajid Surury New Member

Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) pass through is not working on firmeware v1.0.38
    All other format works but sometimes need restart

5. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

so.. reading all the comments, people are in general happy with the release ..
    what is planed to be fix for the next release?

6. daniel096596

daniel096596 New Member

Thank you zidoo ! ZDMC has now version V16.1.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  7. jvanhambelgium

First of all, I'll try do to a factory-reset anway.
    Then, I've prepared some demo-files which contain speech so it clearly visible when audio is not in sync with the picture.

You can download several files :

http://www.vanham-franck.be/tmp/AVSync1_Dolby_TrueHD.mkv
    http://www.vanham-franck.be/tmp/AVSync2_DTS.mkv
    http://www.vanham-franck.be/tmp/AVSync3_DTS.mkv
    http://www.vanham-franck.be/tmp/AVSync4_DTS-HDMA.mkv

(180MBytes - 90MBytes - 68MBytes - 266MBytes)

Within the files there are often more audio-tracks, like a DTS tracks and AC3 track. But these are good examples that I use.
    Often I find that switching to AC3 work fine, picking a DTS-HDMA gives problems. (this seems also an 7.1 ATMOS thing, does de Zidoo X6 Handle this ??)
    In general, things sometimes improve if I loop the file, it seems like the Zidoo/ZDMC lags behind and needs to catch up or something ?

Note offcourse that any of these play well with VLC on my PC or the MED8ER player I still use.

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Only for curiosity I've downloaded one of the files, and played on my X6 (via streaming, from my PC, using ZDMC).
    Good choice, dialogs with lips and voice well articulated.
    Take in account that my environment is still with X6 connected to TV via CVBS output, so audio is downmixed into 2 channels and pure analogic.
    Then, audio sync is perfect.
    Of course my case is not one of the kind often reported.
    Unluckily, AFAIK is not possible to have analog audio and digital video outputs together to verify if in this (unacceptable, I agree) case video and audio is synced...

9. jvanhambelgium

Indeed PacoRabanne, it is important to state that I use only PASSTHROUGH mode with some big Onkyo receiver attached to it. I never do any downmixed stuff.
    But hey, i would assume "passtrough" should be even "simpeler" than some downconverting & processing on the box ?

I will try to fully reset my X6 to factory settings anyway.

10. nickaraxnos

nickaraxnos New Member

HI all.
    I am also unsatisfied with this last version.

First of all, after the update i had to perform factory reset cause zdmc not only stayed in previous version but was mixed with the vative player (lol)
    Meaning. When i was pausing a movie i was in the natives' menu. Fixed after the factory reset but

Now i have a big problem with ratio. As some others mentioned movies are now in full screen and cant do anythinh about it. Only solution to use the native player.

When is the next update? This one is the worst so far :(

11. villasg

villasg New Member

Hi . What is the procedure for return / roll back to v1.0.36 version ?

12. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Not possible. You must flash via PC

13. jvanhambelgium

So I performed a compleet factory-reset after the 1.0.38 update and just tried some of my test-files with ZDMC.
    No luck, audio-video sync difference is present. There seems to be some "way" to fix it :

-> Start playing the file, go to "audio" and select another audio-trac (eg AC3 5.1) and then quickly change back to let's say DTS-HD MA or so. Then it seems be "in sync".

Tested the above file with the Zidoo Mediaplayer and that works OK from the first time, only ZDMC has this annoying sync-issue audio-video with most of my file when selecting "HD" audio streams (all in passthrough)
    in ZDMC, I all used default values after clean reset, alle accellerations are on. I did create a "advancedsettings.xml" and tuned the NETWORK part (buffer-sizing etc) (put it on 250MBytes, with a factor 4)

14. villasg

villasg New Member

Have any guide how to make this ?

15. nice159

nice159 Active Member

16. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

1.0.38 seems to be again a pain ... much more faults and no better function
    i am waiting now only one firmware update then i will give back the last two x6 i have left and will buy a q5 pro

Anton Bernd likes this.
  17. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

These faults are from hardware vendor. They will be never fixed

18. agmarco

agmarco Member

Hi guys, overall I am not unhappy with my X6 1.0.38 but I still occasionally have the problem ZDMC freezes while watching a movie. Picture freezes and sound stutters continously and only way to shut down is pulling the power cable out. Auny ideas? I am on ZDMC 16.1.

19. Alex Kulik

Alex Kulik New Member

After updating to 1.0.38 speed of set-top boxes fell. Started to slow down when viewing video from the Internet. Speed Gigabit ports dropped to 10 megabits, and the speed of the Internet from 70 Mbps to 2-6 Mbps. I tried reset to factory settings - did not help. I rolled back to 1.0.36.

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i'm getting on the out of sync train to :
    1) it does not happen with RK acceleration off. need to test more as i just turned it off.
    2) video starts fine, then slowly getting out of sync , in 10 minutes the video ca can get to 1-3 seconds out of sync.
    3) if i skip forward the video and audo gets back in sync . It may stay that way for the entire episode . it may start getting out of sync in the next 5 minutes.
    4) if i reboot the box. the same video that was getting out of sync before sometimes does not get out of sync again.
    5) may actualy be the video that gets out of sync and not the sound ? when out of sync happens, sometimes i see mycro stutters

I use a externam HDD . will move some files on internal memory and do some tests from there