New 1296 SOC Zidoo player Z1000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Zigourney, Apr 8, 2019.

1. xliv

xliv Member

Emby is the new name of Media Browser, which I've been using for years. Until my switch to Zidoo, was using it on a Media Center PC.
    I've always found it so much easier to use than Kodi.

I would love to continue using Emby Server with Zidoo as a front end. Emby is very good at scrapping and presenting media. It has a plugin to serve media to a Kodi client by the way.

Here is a link to see more: https://emby.media

However, haven't yet installed anything on the Zidoo - how do you install apps, since there is no built-in access to the Android (or Google Play) store?
    (I'm not an Android expert)

2. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Thanks for the info. If you go online via the google browser, look for aptoid and then install it, then just search for what app you require, iplayer, netflix, cetusplay etc, I just stuck with zbmc and have not bothered with the latest kodi.

3. xliv

xliv Member

Thanks, I'll give ZBMC a try then. If based on a Kodi engine, it'll probably work with Emby server.

4. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

The new zidoo remote is realy good.

5. VAL41

VAL41 New Member

I am delighted with the purchased player Zidoo Z1000! . However, the output of the USB audio to DAC Topping D50 is not supported . Maybe it's the lack of a driver ? Where can I download it to get the full pleasure of this device?

6. Tof78

Tof78 New Member

Is there any news about an updated Music Player?
    I really love this device for movies playing (HT2 works perfectly fine). So why Music Player is just a joke? A player that can't sort songs, albums and artists correctly is not a player. A player that crash 50% of time while just searching for lyrics is ridiculous. And about lyrics: none of them are saved somewhere (I'm only using FLAC files), so it is just a waste of time to search for lyrics...

Nobody at Zidoo read this forum?
    Hey Zidooo boys, wake up.

gymnos likes this.
  7. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

USB DAC's are usually not plug and play devices...they need specific drivers to work. Don't know this DAC but it seems The Topping D50 driver (https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Topping/D50 driver and instruction/) exists only for windows so this will most likely definitely not work with a ZIDOO player.
    ADDENDUM : Only possibility would be to install on the zidoo a hi-res player app (apk) which has native support for above mentioned dac

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  8. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

each time the z 1000 is powered up the wifi has to be manually switched on, any one else have this ?

9. Tof78

Tof78 New Member

no, it works well on my side

10. Tof78

Tof78 New Member

Does the new firmware 2.3.3 for Z9s and other 1296SOC devices work on Z1000?
    I can't wait to see Music Player improvements

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Maybe? But definitely NOT recommended. I feel you will be disappointed by the progress on Music Player 5.0 anyhow.
    For me the Folder view at least is usable now. Screen saver? Who asked for that? For me only if I can turn it off too.

12. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

As the z1000 has a hdmi in, would a chromecast work if connected?