2.1.28 FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Tony77, Jul 24, 2019.

1. polpo

polpo New Member

HT 2.0 to the latest version what improvements are there? I'm stuck at firmware v2.1.22 doesn't it cause me problems?

2. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

Hey Polpo, FW version 2.1.2.5 doesn't come with the latest version of HT 2.0. I attached the features added.

Capture.JPG

3. Iamgroot23

Iamgroot23 New Member

How to manually update from HT2.0 to latest version?

4. polpo

polpo New Member

I thank you for the answer ;)

5. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

Easiest way is to load it from a USB. I will upload the apk file shortly.

6. sodamail

sodamail New Member

Hello,
    on my X9S since updating to 2.1.30 Firmware I get a green screen when playing some 4K movies, it freezes the player, and i have to shut it down and reboot on each green screen freeze, very annoying...
    is it tricky to downgrade to older FW ?

7. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

No, takes 10 minutes. Take the recovery image and just follow the guide.

8. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

I had the same issue so I downgraded to 2.1.25. Please be aware some USB drives will not work properly with the Zidoo box when downgrading, so if you find yourself following the instructions but having difficulty try a different USB.

9. Tony77

Tony77 Member

This is true!! So Dont FRET YET! :( 1 or more out of 10 usb sticks usually fail for me..(formatting, corruption, or anything):mad: Even the flash file may not be PERFECT.:confused:

I'd add...make SURE to use the USB 2 port ONLY regardless of usbstick when flashing.;) And it goes without saying, (dont have other devices plugged in!!):rolleyes:

good luck & btw:oops::oops:

Anybody ever figure out what the screen is which appears when you highlight the "APPS" icon(don't enter apps, just place cursor) on lower left of MAIN SCREEN and then, tap the "MENU" button THREE times consecutively...then wait a sec... :eek:WTF:eek:o_O.... (once there, play with directional arrows) is that video on all our zidoos, or stream????
    [​IMG]
    https://postimg.cc/0rCBwPJC

To thank everyone here for mutual support I wanted to add some tips that were extremely valuable to me...& may be 4 u?
    -for troubles REFLASHING "BACK" this method has been a savior, AND you can essentially create your own customized flash image..
    The MOST important detail with THIS method is you
    "DO NOT USE THE RESET BUTTON WITH THIS"...just normal boot
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/LpUhOsHcwiveq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html

- Now if u installed 2.1 I think it was..(cant remember) or r bricked, the ONLY way back to a V1 firmware is the UART method..i can confirm it WORKS.. I did it..u need the $4 adaptor, & an hour of focus time...with determination anyone can do it! If you're willing, here's instructions I used (& the images slavensiz provides here are ENORMOUSLY helpful:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/page-8#post-38299

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    3DBuff likes this.
  10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I have the same video. It must be embedded into Zidoo firmware. Looks like some sort of status screen with sample of captured video from music channel.

11. Tony77

Tony77 Member

Thnx Buff... OK so I'm not hacked then...well, or we all are! LOL

12. burton

burton Member

I cannot download any subtitle in 1.2.28.a few days ago it worked.Did a reset and nothing.any ideas?

13. james063

james063 New Member

transmission pt no peers
    it looks transmission-daemon-openssl 2.92-4 missed

14. Miguel Freitas

Miguel Freitas New Member

Is this the latest OTA firmware? Because there are some new ones on this forum.

15. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    blasiusx and Miguel Freitas like this.
  16. Chevy1986chevy

Chevy1986chevy New Member

I have same problem I upgraded my zidoo and now I get a uuid authentication error does anybody know how to fix this error

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Email zidoo support directly

Chevy1986chevy likes this.
  18. Chevy1986chevy

Chevy1986chevy New Member

Ok I will thanks